Mood of the Board

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bandit88, Sep 23, 2010.

1. DoctorDave

DoctorDave Guest

Are you saying that's not the normal size?!:rolleye33:

2. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

My wife says I have to be nice to a stranger once/day.

That was it.

3. khounba

khounba Founding Member

We could be Georgia. :hihi:

4. aztiger

aztiger Missing Crawfish & LSU

It's not just the board, we are creeping into some positive media as well. On Finebaum yesterday he usually only bashes LSU, completely, 100% all of the time. However, yesterday he said "LSU seems to have that thing rolling, I don't know how, but they seem to be playing better"
    Obviously we are still slighted but the tone is different. If we win Saturday, take care of UT and the defense continues to look good heads will be turned and opposing teams/fans will be more worried every week.
    A couple of big plays here and there and we could have a special year because of a dominating defense and an offense that is just good enough to win games.

5. G-LSU

G-LSU Founding Member

Here's my take.... We had the ultimate team when we won the 2007 NC. The bar was set so high, it's hard to reach. After the RP debacle, and losing a feww OL's, we didn't come close to where we were when we were #1. The team struggled for the last 2 seasons with some highs and lows. Then rain fell & fell & felk in Orlando and we lost to Penn State. ( I would have bet my house that LSU would have destroyed them).

Then this season, we start out 3-0, but without a warm fuzzy. We expected to be 3-0 at this point. None of the wins were blowout or real "style wins". The defense looks very solid but the offense is inconsistent. Even if we were 2-1 at this point, the sky would be falling in some posters eyes and that should give reason to panic.

We soon will sart the heart of the conference games and I don't feel 100% confident that we can beat Bama or Fla or Auburn. In 2007 I did feel 100% confident that we would win and that is how I want to feel going into every game! Last season when we play FLA I felt like we had a chance to win if .... and I feel that way this season. If.... No if's a few years ago, which is what I want to feel like going into every game.

No if's going into this Saturday's game. It's just the 3 if's that we have later in the season that keep me cautiously optomistic. We can and will beat who we are supposed to beat. I would like to see a "W" come out of a game where we aren't favored to win, or are the better team.

:geauxtige:geauxtige
    :geauxtige:geauxtige

1 person likes this.
  6. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Exactly..

Ya know, just before the first game, I was listening to Condon on the way home from work. Someone called in with the typical "Miles is an idiot, we need another coach" stuff, and he kept saying that Houston Nutt would be the one to go after. He kept saying that Miles wasn't even close to Houston Nutt as a coach and we should try to get him from Ole Miss.

Needless to say, after the Jacksonville State thing happened, and now the Vandy thing... The guy hasn't called back.

So the question begs to be asked.... Which one of you numb-nuts was it? :hihi:

7. Gold Nugget

Gold Nugget Veteran Member

I think a lot of it is the fact we're playing a "quality opponent" to quote Jerry Stovall. All goofy smack talk from both fan bases aside, WVU has a heckva team.

Night game at home vs a ranked team and the team seemed excited themselves in the fourth qtr.

Good to see LSU "fans" talking up LSU for a change.

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

As one of the more tough-on-Miles among us, and considering most on this thread are usually positive and simply guessing at the change in tone, I'll go ahead and throw my opinion in.

We started the season low, much like we ended last season, and all I could think was "here we go again". But after the UNC game we had two wins that didn't go down to the wire, which was somehow reassuring. The defense is looking pretty damn impressive and special teams has clearly been stronger than our opponents each time out.

I'm still disappointed in our offense and that we haven't seen Lee, but JJ has shown small improvements week by week. I'm not really thrilled by our offense, but I think that drum has beaten enough, the point has been made (lord knows I've done my ranting and raving). And somehow, I'm gaining confidence in Miles because this team has improved from last season (defense, closing out games, st).

Note, I think it can be argued that we haven't seen the teeth of our schedule, so I reserve the right to ream Miles in the future, but I am feeling slightly optimistic; it almost seems with strong QB play we'd be a NC contender.

So really, I thinking whiners such as myself have wore ourselves out complaining about the offense and do recognize that there are quite a few things to feel optimistic about. I'm taking a wait and see approach, which is an improvement over the "Miles needs to go" stance I had after UNC.

2 people like this.
  9. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

Personally I have many of the same concerns I had after UNC, particularly regarding Miles and the offense. I expressed those concerns in a "Trend" thread and it was hotly debated.

The reason for the mood change in my opinion is that, even the people who have strong "negatiger" opinions still want LSU to succeed, want the team to improve, and if they are anything like me, want to be proven wrong regarding Miles.
    I would love nothing more than to post on this board that I made an error...hope it happens.

Regardless, even though I have these opinions, I don't dwell on the negatives. I posted the thoughts once and moved on.....along with those concerns, there are plenty of positive things happening to talk about.

We may not be where I want us to be but I'm a fan regardless and any thoughts I have that others deem "negatiger" stem from being a fan for 30 plus years and a desire to see the "trends" going in the right direction.

2 people like this.
  10. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

Or :eek:lefire: :hihi: