Mood of the Board

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bandit88, Sep 23, 2010.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Because at the end of the day, we bleed purple and gold baby!

2. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I think it is kind of like someone picking on their younger brother constantly out of sibling rivalry, then the moment someone from down the street starts picking on their younger brother, they get protective of him!! :yelwink2:

We all go back and forth on the 'positiger' / 'negatiger' thing that all it takes are some not very respectful rival fans to come in talking about how our defense is trash and our stadium is an armpit and we become a combined voice of solidarity in shouting "What you talkin' bout, Willis?"

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I find the overall mood of the board is much better and glad to see rival posters given some slack to defend their teams. To me it's good to see new/different faces and perspectives without seeing the same ol same ol pile ons.

I always keep in mind that they're only doing what most fans of any given team do, which is pimp their players, etc. I've actually gotten a lot of insight going into the WV game now about players, coach, etc. from visiting WV fans. Not that there wasn't ANY over the top stuff but the overemotional ones won't hang around. Our posters do a lot of self-policing in those regards and the ones only "trolling" will be run out with facts or getting tired of retorts.

By being a little more tolerant we will probably keep one or two from teams will play weekly and continue to get insight about their teams.

4. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

Personally, I've always found that negativity (in any circumstance) helps NOTHING. Sure, I can understand some moaning and judgement in areas, but to just say "Miles has to go" (etc...) is just plain unproductive, and gets us nowhere. There are probably a lot of good reasons the mood seems brighter here... the D is looking great, O is actually showing some positive steps forward, and we're 3-0.

The Tigers have an uncanny knack for winning games. In the last few years, you could watch a nail-biter and somehow they pull off the win. Of course, there were those times they didn't, but they've always kept us on the edge of our seats, and many times kept the loss a close one. Our game against the mightly Alabama last year was actually pretty close. While they beat us by 9 points, the spread was much higher in thier other games. Bama had to work for that win. The only other teams they beat by fewer points were Tennessee (5) and Auburn (2). If we were a worse team last year than we are this year, it stands to reason that we have a better chance this year, especially if the O really does improve and start scoring.

Postive influence motivates.
    Negative influence KILLS.
    Keep it positive folks :)

1 person likes this.
  5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Cliff notes? Never seen you type that many words at once. :D

6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Have some of the WVU posters been banned???

It doesn't seem like Howdy Doody time anymore around here !! :cry:

7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

kmart got it...don't know about the others.

8. LSUTiga

There's a lot you haven't seen yet grasshoppa.

Only one that I saw. Don't remember where but it was in a thread with comments about our stadium, among other things. Was obvious he was only here to be a pecka. With the game approaching, the rest are prolly either gettng too nervous or packing to come pump some $$ in our economy.

9. Herb

Herb Founding Member

He was my favorite. For a while, I was reliving Mr. Menard's 8th grade English class at Jesuit and diagramming sentences again.

Was that a dangling modifier or a misplaced participial phrase?

10. LSUTiga

Walking down the sidewalk, a bed of roses... :hihi: