More ammuntion for Bush haters....

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SmaxCom2, Aug 2, 2004.

1. SmaxCom2

SmaxCom2 Founding Member

Here are a few things I find interesting.
    Bush & Al Qaeda – By The Numbers

0 – Number of meetings held by Vice President Cheney’s counterterrorism task force (which was created in May 2001)

0 – References to Al Qaeda in Dr. Rice’s 2000 Foreign Affairs article listing Bush’s top foreign affairs priorities

0References to Al Qaeda in Secretary Rumsfeld 2001 memo outlining national security priorities

0References to terrorism is Justice Department's top seven goals for 2001

0Number of National Security Council meetings held by Bush administration before invasion of Iraq was discussed (i.e., it was discussed at the very first meeting)

1 – Number of times the Bush administration mentioned al Qaeda prior to 9-11. This was in a notice continuing an executive order issued by President Clinton.

1Number of hours President Bush and Vice President Cheney agreed to allow in their joint meeting with the 9-11 panel.

2 – Number of National Security Council meetings on terrorism prior to 9-11 (out of approximately 100).

2 – Weeks into administration when Energy Task Force announced.

2 – Number of public statements by the Bush administration mentioning Osama bin Laden prior to 9-11 (excluding press briefings and press questions which would raise the total to 19)

4 – Minimum number of Al Qaeda millennium attacks thwarted by the Clinton administration (only plots to bomb Seattle, Los Angeles, Brooklyn and Jordan have been specifically identified)

4 – Number of hours Bush spent with Bob Woodward as part of his book, “Bush at War.”

4 – Months into Bush administration when aid to the Taliban was restored.

4 – Months into administration when Energy Task Force report was released.

6 – Months that it would take for Vice President Cheney to respond to draft counterterrorism and homeland security legislation sent to him on July 20, 2001 by Senators Feinstein and Kyl, as stated by his top aid.

6 – Months before 9-11 that Paul Bremer - current Iraq administrator and former chairman of the National Commission on Terrorism - claimed that the Bush administration was “paying no attention” to terrorism. “ Bremer stated that the Bush administration would “stagger along until there’s a major incident and then suddenly say, ‘Oh my God, shouldn’t we be organized to deal with this.’”

8 – Months the administration sat on an “urgent” request from its counterterrorism chief (Clarke) to meet about al Qaeda.

10 – Number of meetings of Cheney’s Energy Task force prior to 9/11

12 – Number in thousands of US troops in Afghanistan Winter 2004 (compared to 150,000 in Iraq)

36 – Months passed without any meeting of the Cheney terrorism task force since its formation in May 2001

58 – Number of days President Bush spent in Kennebunkport or at his Crawford ranch from January 21 to September 10, 2001

101– Number of public statements by the Bush administration on his missile defense (aka Star Wars) program from January 21 to September 10, 2001.

104 Number of public statements by the President Bush on Saddam Hussein from January 21 to September 10, 2001

150 – Number in thousands of US troops in Iraq Winter 2004

700 – Millions of dollars Bush administration diverted from war against Al Qaeda to prepare for Iraq war.

President Bush admitted to Bob Woodward that “I didn’t feel the sense of urgency,” about terrorism before 9/11.

In April 2001 the administration released the government’s annual terrorism report with no extensive mention of Osama bin Laden as in prior years. A State Department official told CNN that "the Clinton administration had made a mistake in focusing so much energy on bin Laden.”

Similarly, at an April meeting of deputies Clarke urged a focus on Al Qaeda. Deputy Defense Secretary Wolfowitz responded, “No, no, no. We don’t have to deal with al-Qaeda. Why are we talking about that little guy? We have to talk about Iraqi terrorism against the United States.”

In addition, General Donald Kerrick, the deputy National Security Advisor under Clinton who stayed on for a few months with the Bush administration, wrote a memo to his successor (Stephen Hadley) that the administration needed to pay attention to al Qaeda since they will strike again. “They never once asked me a question nor did I see them having a serious discussion about it. They didn’t feel it was imminent the way the Clinton administration did.”

The Bush administration terminated a highly classified program to monitor Al Qaeda suspects in the U.S. and even provided aid to the Taliban in 2001. (9)

2. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

Houston we have a problem!

3. rookie

rookie Founding Member

And your point is????? Care to cite the source? It all sounds like BS to me.

1) And I guess Bill Clinton was on top of Al Qaeda right?
    No one is questioning our lack of Intelligence prior to 9/11. The reason it sucked was because Senators like John Kerry took no time to look at the facts and severely underfunded the programs. Exactly what he will do again if he gets the office.

Wow, you will actually give the Clinton administration credit for "thwarting the Mellinium attacks"? Get real. Isn't it a little strange that we have not had ANY attacks on US soil since 9/11? Do you think it was because they haven't tried or are you stupid Democrats really that gullable to believe that Bush has done nothing but sit on his hands?

We have carried the war to them so they won't bring it to us. What is so hard to understand about that?

Oh, I didn't realize that Dick Cheney was President. While he does have some pull in the administration, he is nothing more than the VICE PRESIDENT.

4. SmaxCom2

SmaxCom2 Founding Member

I wasnt sure if you read this part so I am going to repost it right here in bold for you.

In April 2001 the administration released the government’s annual terrorism report with no extensive mention of Osama bin Laden as in prior years. A State Department official told CNN that "theClinton administration had made a mistake in focusing so much energy on bin Laden.”

5. rookie

rookie Founding Member

CNN- A very credible news agency they are. They are about as left as the NY Times and the Washington post. Show me some proof.

6. SmaxCom2

SmaxCom2 Founding Member

Here are the sources, contact them if you seek proof:

Sources: [font=Arial,Geneva,Verdana,Sans-Serif](1) The Left Coaster 07.14.03, Waterman – UPI 07.23.03, Priest – Washington Post 07.25.03, Dean – Findlaw.com 07.29.03, Ridgeway – Village Voice 07.31.03, Franken – Lies And The Liars Who Tell Them, Daily Mis-Lead 03.11.04, Center for American Progress Fact Sheet 03.22.04, Progress Report 03.26.04, Rice – Washington Post 03.22.04, Progress Report 03.26.04, Daily MisLead 04.14.04; (2) DemocracyNow.org 08.12.03, Heilprin – Washington Post 08.23.03, Noah – Slate 09.05.03, Meyers – NBC News 09.03.03; Daily MIs-Lead 05.25.04 (3) Schorrow – Boston Herald 10.22.02; (4) Plotz – Slate 09.10.03, USA Today – 04.16.04; (5) Franken – Lies and The Liars Who Tell Them, (6) Lumpkin – Associated Press 10.28.03; (7) The Daily Mis-Lead 10.27.03, Corn – BushLies.com, The Daily Mis-Lead 11.17.03; Isikoff & Hosenball - Newsweek 02.18.04; Progress Report 02.23.04, Progress Report 03.01.04; Daily Mis-Lead 05.20.04 (8) Center for American Progress (“CAP”) Fact Sheet 03.26.04; (9) Scheer – Los Angeles Times 05-22-01, Allen - Washington Post 08.07.01, Progress Report 03.10.04, CAP Fact Sheet 03.22.04, Yglesias – The American Prospect 03.23.04, Progress Report 03.25.04, CAP Fact Sheet 03.26.04, The Daily Mis-Lead 03.26.04, CAP Fact Sheet 04.05.04; AP – Los Angeles Times 04.30.04, Center for American Progress 04.20, 04; (10) CAP Fact Sheet 03.26.04, Ackerman – TNR Online 03.24.04, Progress Report 03.24.04; (11) CAP Fact Sheet 03.26.04; (12) CAP Fact Sheet 03.26.04, Progress Report 03.25.04; (13) CAP Fact Sheet 03.26.04, Ackerman – TNR Online 03.25.04; (14) CAP Fact Sheet 03.26.04; (15) CAP Fact Sheet 03.26.04; (16) Rice – Washington Post 03.22.04, Lizza – TNR Online 03.23.04, Ackerman – TNR Online 03.24.04; (17) Rice – Washington Post 03.22.04, Progress Report 03.23.04, Progress Report 03.25.04; (18) Progress Report 03.23.04, CAP Fact Sheet 03.23.04, Moniz & Komarow – USA Today 03.29.04; (19) Progress Report 02.23.04; (20)AP 12.27.02, Institute for Public Accuracy SOU Response, CAP Fact Sheet 01.20.04; (21) CAP Fact Sheet 03.28.04; (22) Buncombe – The Independent 04.02.04; (23) CAP Fact Sheets 04.08.04; (24) Center for American Progress, Claim v. Fact Database; (24) Corn – BushLies.com 9.13.03, Daily Mis-Lead 11.25.03; Brown & Sengupta – Independent 05.25.04; (25) Center for American Progress 12.13.03 and 02.03.04; (26) Center for American Progress 02.25.04; Daily Mis-Lead 05.25.04 (27) The Daily Mis-Lead 10.02.03, Center for American Progress 02.25.04; Carville – Had Enough?[/font]

7. rookie

rookie Founding Member

You are a complete tool. Read my former post. The Washington Post and Mis-Lead are very credible news agencies. Doesn't matter, I will vote for Bush and understand why I did. You will be mislead, vote for Kerry, and for the rest of your life, you will wonder what would have been and why you didn't see it coming. A leopard doesn't change his spots. Just remember that line.

8. SmaxCom2

SmaxCom2 Founding Member

That was a good cliche, here a few that relate to GW:

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Category Results[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]:[/font]
    Category results for the term lying

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Blowing smoke (up my ass)[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]United States[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cock and bull story, A[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]United States[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining![/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]United States[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hard to swallow[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]United States[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Llie like a rug, To[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]United States[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pull the wool over your eyes, To[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]United States[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pull your leg, To[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]United States[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Snow job, A[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]United States[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Speak with a forked tongue[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]United States[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tall tale, A[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]United States[/font]
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yank your chain, To[/font]

I dont really know you, so I wont be critical of you specifically, but most Bush die-hards I meet are so brain washed their vote wouldnt change even if they saw him piss on an American Flag. They would probably proclaim it to be a GW look-alike hired by CNN. I only started this thread so this board could be "Fair and balanced" just like good ol' Fox News.

9. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

The only way this board will be fair and balanced with you here is if you are
    typing from France.

If you want Kerry as president I don't have a problem with that.
    Explain to me about Kerry's speech the other nite where he talks about getting the equipment the troops need but he voted against it a while back.

Just do me a favor and explain why the left don't ever mention the terrorist
    camps in Iraq and explain to me Jaime Gorelic and her role in creating the walls around the CIA and FBI.

I want someone on the left to answer a bunch of questions I have.

10. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

I like how Bush's critics point to 9/11 and attempt to place all the blame on him. The facts are, yes Bush was in office for the 8 months prior to the Sept. 11 attacks. Another fact is Bill Clinton was in office the 8 years prior. The planning for this attack was going on well before Bush was in office. Both administrations must shoulder blame for allowing this to happen, however, this attack would not have been prevented if Bill Clinton, Al Gore, Ronald Reagan or anyone else were in office. We had the attitude that an attack of this magnitude could not and would not happen to us here in America. We (Bush, Clinton, myself included) were all wrong. Anyone who disputes that and attempts to place blame on one individual, administration, or political party are full of crap.