More ammuntion for Bush haters....

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SmaxCom2, Aug 2, 2004.

1. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

My canidate was Al Sharpton.

I still have hope that Ross Perot will throw his hat in the ring at the last minute. He's got some great charts. Oh yeah, he loves the "young people"

2. SmaxCom2

SmaxCom2 Founding Member

I blame Osama 100% for 9/11, he killed 3,000 Americans, I can only blame the Bush Administration for being ignorant (Among a few other things which I can talk about later.).

3. rookie

rookie Founding Member

What reports did he ignore? If Clinton was aware that Bin Laden was such a threat, why did he let him skate instead of bringing him to justice when he had a chance and a government both in 1996 and again in 2000? Or would you Dem's rather bury your head in the sand over that too? http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=34942

I too am not completely impressed with GW but I think he is doing the right thing and protecting our country which is something that I am not totally sold that Kerry would have the balls to do.

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

LOL, now I know where you stand!

You can't be serious?

5. ashgeaux

ashgeaux Founding Member

4 - Number of times Clinton had bin Laden in eyesight and did nothing

My above statement, and many of your's whether they are reliable or not don't matter today. Everyone thought we were invincible, Democrats, Republicans and Independents. 9/11 would have happened if Bush mentioned Al Qeada or Osama 100 times. It still would have happened if Clinton had gotten Osama in '99/'00. 9/11 happened because terrorists attacked us. The blame game is getting old.

The President of the United States is never on vacation. He can do and does do just as much in Crawford as in the White House.

The Energy Task Force is not relevant in the topic of terrorism. Comparing the time spent on both issues may make Bush haters feel all warm and fuzzy inside, but pre-9/11 was a very different time.

Bush didn't have to speak to the 9/11 Commission in the first place. He did, they both did. Who cares how long it was? The 9/11 Commission said they got what they asked for.

You point out the number of troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. What is more important: stopping a possible second attack or tracking down Osama? I'll personally choose the first option. The second one will be found and killed, he is hiding in the caves and in the process of dying. He can no longer plan plots against the US.

Clinton didn't stop any attacks on American soil, that we are aware of. A customs lady on the border did her job. She had not been warned prior to the event.

The vast majority of your little "facts" (I'll say, I'm sure 90% of this is true) happened before 9/11. It's a different world as I've been saying. People care about what a president will do post- 9/11. The question is who will be able to keep America safe from here on out.

You used Carville as a source?

6. SmaxCom2

SmaxCom2 Founding Member

Rookie, again your not reading. Here it is again:

The Bush administration terminated a highly classified program to monitor Al Qaeda suspects in the U.S. and even provided aid to the Taliban in 2001. (9)

Once again, I blame the terrorist for 9/11. But doesnt the above sound rather stupid to you. Especially if the Clinton Admin warned you about them repeadtly?

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

To the tune of Eric Clapton's "Cocaine"

When your hairs fallin' out and you ain't got a comb, Rogaine
    Its allright its allright its allright, Rogaine

8. rookie

rookie Founding Member

I like it Bengal B.
    She don't mind, she don't mind, she don't mind....Rogaine

9. SmaxCom2

SmaxCom2 Founding Member

Speaking of Cocaine:

10. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

All of this information comes from the final report of the 9/11 commission:

"These policy challenges are linked to the problem of imagination we have already discussed. Since we believe that both President Clinton and President Bush were genuinely concerned about the danger posed by al Qaeda, approaches involving more direct intervention against the sanctuary in Afghanistan apparently must have seemed—if they were considered at all—to be disproportionate to the threat." (emphasis mine)

"After 9/11,President Bush announced that al Qaeda was responsible for the attack on the USS Cole. Before 9/11, neither president took any action. Bin Ladin’s inference may well have been that attacks, at least at the level of the Cole, were risk free.29" (emphasis mine)

Operational opportunites to stop the attacks before 9/11
    "Operational Opportunities
    1. January 2000:the CIA does not watchlist Khalid al Mihdhar or notify the FBI when it learned Mihdhar possessed a valid U.S. visa.
    2. January 2000:the CIA does not develop a transnational plan for tracking Mihdhar and his associates so that they could be followed
    to Bangkok and onward, including the United States.
    3. March 2000: the CIA does not watchlist Nawaf al Hazmi or notify the FBI when it learned that he possessed a U.S. visa and had flown to Los Angeles on January 15, 2000.
    4. January 2001: the CIA does not inform the FBI that a source had identified Khallad, or Tawfiq bin Attash, a major figure in the October 2000 bombing of the USS Cole, as having attended the meeting in Kuala Lumpur with Khalid al Mihdhar.
    5. May 2001: a CIA official does not notify the FBI about Mihdhar’s
    U.S. visa, Hazmi’s U.S. travel, or Khallad’s having attended the Kuala Lumpur meeting (identified when he reviewed all of the relevant traffic because of the high level of threats)
    6. June 2001: FBI and CIA officials do not ensure that all relevant information regarding the Kuala Lumpur meeting was shared with the Cole investigators at the June 11 meeting.
    7. August 2001:the FBI does not recognize the significance of the information regarding Mihdhar and Hazmi’s possible arrival in the United States and thus does not take adequate action to share information, assign resources, and give sufficient priority to the search.
    8. August 2001: FBI headquarters does not recognize the significance
    of the information regarding Moussaoui’s training and beliefs and thus does not take adequate action to share information,
    involve higher-level officials across agencies, obtain information regarding Moussaoui’s ties to al Qaeda, and give sufficient priority to determining what Moussaoui might be planning.
    9. August 2001: the CIA does not focus on information that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is a key al Qaeda lieutenant or connect
    information identifying KSM as the “Mukhtar”mentioned in other reports to the analysis that could have linked “Mukhtar” with Ramzi Binalshibh and Moussaoui.
    10.August 2001: the CIA and FBI do not connect the presence of Mihdhar, Hazmi, and Moussaoui to the general threat reporting
    about imminent attacks."

All in all it's a very interesting read, i suggest you go to 9/11 commission final report and read it for yourself. The members of the commission came to the conclusion that neither Clinton or Bush was to blame for the attacks instead the blame rests on the shoulders of the intelligence community, which Bush has since reformed and is currently trying to reform as we speak.