More Bush lies

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by CottonBowl'66, Feb 21, 2004.

1. phatcat

phatcat Founding Member

<So now your partner and supporter is just "the cripple guy" and typing on forums is verbal abuse.>

Hey, I don't know the guy. He's a fellow tiger fan, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as much for that as for any other reason.

Go back and read your own posts to him. That was some pretty harsh stuff. I like to think that I am pretty hard core, but I found myself cringing a time or two while reading your "good natured political discourse."

Really, Dallastiger, have you ever considered anger management therapy?

2. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

Since you do not know him it is ok to write that he is "the cripple guy", which he is not anyway.

Anger Management. That is funny coming from you.

3. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

If I wanted to be like many people in the "minority" in this country I could say that phatcat offended me when he said "The Cripple Guy," even though he wasn't talking to me, because i myself am a "cripple." I never bitch about my "disability" (I absolutely detest that word) though because who cares what other people think.

I just wanted to point out that the liberal ideals that you and CB espouse try to shy away from name calling and equality for everyone (republicans have the same convictions, only a few mentally disturbed people like neo-nazis and KKK/ Black Panther members don't.) So by you refering to someone as "the cripple guy" is a rather hypocritical thing of you to do.

4. phatcat

phatcat Founding Member

OOPS

gimp n : disability of walking due to crippling of the legs or feet [syn: {lameness}, {limping}, {gimpiness}]

My appologies, MFn G I M P, but I meant no disrespect to either you or your physical condition. I had no idea that, with your choice of board name, you were so sensitive. I regret my choice of words in describing you and/or your condition.

On a different note, How bout dem Tigers keepin it close against Kentucky in the first half w/o Jaime?:geaux:

5. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

Excuse the hell outa me for my selfish presumptuosness to expect the largest company of its kind in the world to fairly compensate me for career ending and life changing injuries I sustained while performing the job they hired me for my skill! I guess I should have just gone to them and told them that I would be glad to go and work for them for free as soon as I recovered to pay for the equipment I wrecked while driving on that ice in those 60 mile an hour winds. I guess I should just feel guilty as all get out for lying there upside down, hanging in my seat belt while that other truck plowed into me! Imagine the gall on mine and others part for expecting to be treated fairly and for expecting that there be a system in place for all people to be treated fairly when injured on the job. You know, looking back on it all now, I just can't imagine that I could think such a thing. How greedy of me!
    For not knowing anything about my condition, you sure are judgmental. I guess you have somehow managed to review my files and you are an expert on these things.
    I don't try to work because I cannot tell anyone from day to day with any certainty if they can rely on me. I feel I owe that to an employer. Some days I can hardly make it out of bed. Other days I feel pretty good. But I can't ask anyone to base their business on that.
    And I don't ask the government to take care of me. I qualified for SS disability and I get a pension from the Teamsters and I have medical insurance with my wife. so I take care of myself. And I'm not angry, in spite of what you think. I placed it all in God's hands and that is how it worked out. I accept that and go on.

But this is how W shows his concern for the common man. During the presidential debate in Boston in 2000, he said, "First and foremost, we've got to make sure we fully fund the LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Asistance Program) which is a way to help low-income folks, particularly here in the East, pay for their high fuel bills" He then sliced $300,000,000.00 out it, even as people were freezing to death. I'm sure you approved of that if it saved you a few bucks in taxes. After all, what's a few frozen corpses in comparison to some nice warm bucks in your pocket!
    In August 2002 he held a photo op with the Quecreek coal miners, the nine men whose rescue thrilled the country. By then he had already cut the coal safety budget at the Mine Safety and Health Administration by 6% and named a coal industry executive to run the agency. Like putting the fox in charge of the henhouse.

WE have hundreds of thousands of elderly and poor people who can't afford food and medicines or health care and he can't find the money for it but he can find $87,000,000,000.00 to give to Iraq. We support Egypt to the tune of $300,000,000.00 a year to keep them from attacking Israel. Corporate welfare is rampant and he gives big business tax breaks to outsource American jobs. Just this year in Oklahoma alone, Kwikset locks, Lee Jeans and Black and Decker have closed plants here to relocate in the Caribbean or Mexico taking over 7000 jobs with them. And he encourages this stuff, saying it's good for the economy. Am I missing something here?

"I don't understand how poor people think, but as a white Republican guy who doesn't get it, I'd like to."
    GWHB to Rev. Jim Wallis of Call to Renewal, a network of churches that fight poverty.
    Yessir, this guy really cares about the common man.

I have a question for all you W drones. If the oil and other assets and subsequent profits in Iraq belong to the Iraqi people, as W and Cheney and Rumsfeld, et al claim, why doesn't the oil and other natural assets and subsequent profits in America belong to the American people?

Somebody please, wake somebody up!

:geaux: :helmet: :lsug: :helmet: :geaux:

6. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

Re: OOPS

No it didn't offend me at all, i call myself a gimp and me and my friends make jokes about it all the time. I just wanted to say that you should be careful about what you say because it can offend people and if you are such a equality driven liberal you should really try not to label people, otherwise it comes off as hypocritical.

BTW most people may not enjoy your posts but I do, even though i am a staunch conservative.

7. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

Glad to see you got a sense of humor and an open mind, gimp ole boy!Like Dial soap, dontcha wish everybody did!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

:geaux: :helmet: :lsug: :helmet: :geaux:

8. phatcat

phatcat Founding Member

To tell you the truth, GIMP, I'm not that darned liberal myself. I just can't stand that lying S.O.B. George W. Bush.

The government messing with my money by putting huge tax rebates for the ultra wealthy onto my credit card does not sit well with me.

I pay my bills and I expect my government to pay its bills as well.

All of this ballooning deficit business is not fiscal conservatism in my opinion.

If it doesn't make sense for me to max my credit cards, why is it such a great idea for the government to do it?

Anyway, I'm glad you're OK with the cripple thing, but I gotta say that I'm not too concerned about whether a few *mindless republican wannabe drones* on this board think I'm hypocritical or not.

*You know who you are* ;)

9. phatcat

phatcat Founding Member

10. phatcat

phatcat Founding Member

You look so proud of yourself...

Thanks for posting your picture receiving the cute little award, V4H. From the look on your face, it must have been one of your proudest moments.

It's just uncanny how closely your photo matches the mental image of yourself you've long projected on this board.