More Concerned

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by TigerDan, Jan 23, 2005.

1. TigerDan

TigerDan Freshman

:helmet: I am much more concerned about who we get for our defensive coaches...seems like with the talent we have quality people would be
    standing in line . How about y'all ?:geaux:

2. max

max Founding Member

I'm not concerned. I am relieved. He does not need a DC until a little while before spring practice. It does not appear to be affecting recruiting and we don't have that many scholarships available anyway.

I would have been concerned if he had hired Bill Clay simply out of loyalty. Instead, he has said he wants someone who will run an aggressive NFL-style defense similar to what Saban did.

I would have been concerned if he had settled for someone just to get a DC hired for recruiting season.

This is the most important decision that he will make at LSU. Remember what Tepper did to DiNardo's tenure. This is akin to Saban's hiring Fisher, because Miles is not a defensive coach.

Please take as long as it takes to get the best guy that you are almost positive will be a dynamite DC.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I agree totally and the new coach will have absolutely no effect on recruiting this late in the process.

4. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Not being able to hire a DC before Feb 2 may hurt LSU's recruiting of defensive player a little, but it won't matter much. LSU is in pretty good shape on the defensive side of the ball.

5. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

It's actually helping in a way. Since we haven't hired a DC, Miles is allowed more in home visits and what now...

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Could finding a new DC be so difficult because of the defense that Nick/Muschamp ran here at LSU?
    Most of the defense returns with a few noticable exceptions but with great people ready to step in.
    Any new DC would have enormously high expectations - we've come to expect great defense and have the players to do it.
    Maybe its to much pressure for some people?

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Not having hired a DC doesn't affect the amount of in home visits allowed at all. Because of the coaching change the NCAA has allowed Miles to make some more in home visits but it has nothing to do with not having a DC.

8. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

You're probably right, but I just read that on Tigerbait...

9. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

yes it does TT. the rule says that miles can act as the dc and take an extra in home like he was an assistant. i would say it really isn't hurting or helping.

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Do you have a link to that info, thats something I would like to read? :confused: :confused: :confused: