More Drug War Fun

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Robidoux87, May 5, 2010.

1. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

I think this passage sums it up:

"SWAT team breaks into home, fires seven rounds at family's pit bull and corgi (?!) as a seven-year-old looks on.

They found a "small amount" of marijuana, enough for a misdemeanor charge. The parents were then charged with child endangerment.

So smoking pot = "child endangerment." Storming a home with guns, then firing bullets into the family pets as a child looks on = necessary police procedures to ensure everyone's safety.

Just so we're clear.
    "

Serve and Protect.

Video of SWAT Raid on Missouri Family - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

This kind of crap makes me fume. I hope those swat *******s daughters get knocked up by pot heads.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

every time somebody whines about a relatively irrlevant issue like gay rights i want to punch them in the face and say, dont you realize non violent normal folks are actually behind bars for drug offenses! its ****ing nuts! we are taking people's freedom because of their choice of intoxicant! even as we laugh and drink alcohol safely with no risk of arrest!

other than foreign affairs and tax policy, drug legalization should be the top issue. the money lost, the freedom taken, the destruction and corruption of foreign governments, it is all terrible and a travesty of epic proportions.

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

ok, mixing this with the drug issue made me think of something my ex-brother-in-law said one time regarding drugs....

he was in the navy and he and some of his buds would smoke the occasional joint. i was talking with him and some of his friends one time about the consequences if they got busted with a positive pee test. he said the officers that were so high and mighty and all against marijuana use should be put to test about how evil it is. put a joint in one of their hands, and some dudes dick in the other. hold a gun to their head and tell them they could pick which one to take a long suck on. he would have bet anything the joint would be picked every time.

5. Indiana Tiger

Indiana Tiger Founding Member

Good anecdote, but he would lose that bet if it was done confidentially. And it's not because an officer would be excessively anti-drug.

6. LaSalleAve

what irritates me is that no elected officials out there have the balls to stand up and do what is right.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Normally I would say "don't do drugs=no problem with cops" but this was over the top.

I wonder, though, why LaSalle's reaction is always to punish the innocent daughters. :confused:

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

which is exactly like telling me "dont drink alcohol unless you want trouble with the cops and want to lose your freedom". it should not matter what your intoxicant of choice is. i love to drink, it is an important part of my life. if you like weed or cocaine, you should have the freedom to intoxicate yourself just like i have. the idea that you could be locked up and have your life ruined for doing drugs is an abomination of really unparalleled proportions in america.

9. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Pitt Bulls should be illegal. Did they kill it?

1 person likes this.
  10. LaSalleAve

I just couldn't think of any other non violent retribution. And it wouldn't be bad for the daugther's if they were in love with the pot heads. Just their dad's who think that pot is some dangerous substance. More people die in 1 day from religion, and alcohol, than people do from pot in decades. Well, only if you don't count the people get killed by law enforcement, you could throw cartels in there to, but the only reason cartels kill people over pot is because the American Government says its illegal.

Ok, so i will change my hope, i hope their daughters fall in love with pot heads, and only get knocked up if they want to.