More good news from Iraq

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Jetstorm, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/09/i...00&en=84c5cf739273755b&ei=5062&partner=GOOGLE

The article talks of a possible Al-Qaida presence in the country right now ( :shock: NO CRAP!), but I thought these sections were rather telling.

"The memo says extremists are failing to enlist support inside the country..."

Gee, if I'm your average Ahmed Iraqi, what will I choose: a prosperous, free, democratic, capitalist republic where I elect public servants who are accountable to me and am free to raise my own children as I see fit without raving, bearded ayatollahs telling me what hand to wipe myself with, or a sharia'h law, radical Islamofascist hellhole? Gee, let me sleep on that one.

"...and have been unable to scare the Americans into leaving."

"The American people will never be held hostage by thugs and assassins." - President Bush, SOTU, 1-20-04

"It even laments Iraq's lack of mountains in which to take refuge."

NOWHERE TO RUN, NOWHERE TO HIDE!!!

"The document is written with a rhetorical flourish. It calls the Americans "the biggest cowards that God has created," but at the same time sees little chance that they will be forced from Iraq."

This from "people" (I'll use that term loosely) who fly planes into civilian skyscrapers in a sneak attack, fight guerilla warfare in the shadows, blow themselves up in Israeli daycare centers, take potshots at our street patrols from dark alleys in the middle of the night in Baghdad, and don't even have the guts to get up a regular field army with regular guns and tanks, face us on the plain of battle, and die like real soldiers, because they know they would die. In spades. Quickly. Even now, they are hunted down like animals, quivering in caves, spiderholes, and abandoned buildings, as the pack closes in.

We are cowards, yet we are slowly, methodically, hunting you down and destroying you one at a time, everywhere on Earth. And you cannot stop us. And you know only defeat everytime you face us. We are cowards, and yet you run and hide when we come for you. What does that make you?

Ladies and gentlemen, we are winning. Their morale is breaking. Their position is weakening. We have the resolve, we can outfight them and outlast them. The only way we can be beaten is if we beat ourselves.

Let's not turn back now. Let's roll. And keep rolling until every last terrorist is dead. We are winning. Let's keep it that way.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

i appreciate you posting these articles. this is good stuff.

3. CottonBowl'66

CottonBowl'66 Founding Member

Hey, "Mission Accomplished," didn't read the banner? Bush has replaced war widows with the Super Bowl QB in his gallery at his State of the Union Address. It is over, over there.

I expect Americans to adopt Iraq as their new favorite vacation spot any time now. I am sure Disney is looking for a location for their latest theme park there now.

Forget about the soldiers dying over there. They might get in the way of Bush's re-election campaign.