More hijinks from the "religion of peace"

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by martin, May 20, 2005.

1. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to red55 again."

Good post. I'll have to catch you on the flipside, green dot-wise. :yelwink2: :thumb: :yelwink2: :thumb:

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

If you read my post, you'll find I was agreeing with a statement, not contradicting one. I didn't start this thread, but I can respond if I have a point to make. This is Free Speech Alley. People can say whatever they want, within Bretts rules. My intent was not to offend. I said the same thing martin, locoguano, and USNavyTiger said, I just added the most glaring example to support it.

Where does it say that you are free from being offended here? martin must really annoy you. :yelwink2:

3. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Didn't say that I was offended. I know better than to get all bent over what's said in an internet forum. Martin used to bother me, but now I just accept it as Martin being Martin.

I think that what I was getting at is that saying something controversial just to be controversial is a cheap way to keep things going. I kind of thought you were above that.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, I was only trying to say something that was illustrative of the point. I didn't expect people to take it personally.

Anyway, FSA is no stranger to controversy . . . we thrive on it here.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

i'm glad you grew up.

i am not above that. however, i only say the purposely silly offensive things about race issues, when i say something offensive about religions, i mean it.

there are some issues i think people deal with like they are children, they do what they are told. they are supposed to have their feelings hurt when people use racial slurs or whatever, so they do it. we are supposed to call out anyone who doesnt like everyone equally as if they were evil, so we do it. we are told to love jesus, so we do it, and we are critical of those who are driven to do something destructive by faith. we dont like to admit that faith is bad. we are very critical of the results of fanatical faith, but never the idea of faith. and that is the problem. thats why i use the most disrespectful terms i can come up with when talking about the stupidity of religion. for too long faith has been given a free ride. spineless idiots and cowards never want to abandon their precious stupid faith, and they dont want it questioned.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

hey guy, i meant irrational faith. i know chairs probably wont collapse because of physics. your have faith god exists because of nothing. thats what faith (in a religious context) means. god will reward you for your stupid faith. yunno, the john 3:16 and all that.

who? just kidding i know who.

good luck, you would almost surely end up in jail for life. and if belief in god is the only thing that keeps you from acting that way, i guess in your particular case you need god to keep you from acting on your terrible nature. like adults tell kids santa claus has a list of everyone who is naughty and nice and they better be good, maybe it is best for society if you believe in god. according to yu, it is the only thing that keeps you from going on a murdering rampage.

this appears to be a semi-random string of words without much meaning.

7. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

I keep telling myself this. It's hard. Oh, to heck with it! Martin, meet me in two hours at Lucky's Juice Joint on second avenue at 11th. We need to talk.:mad: I'll be the really pissed off looking short haired guy.

Just kidding :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

8. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Rarely do I agree with FT but he is right on the money on this one.
    Islam is a religion of violence, condoned in their doctrine. Suprisingly, they hold the books of the Old testament Sacred. The modern world hs left their barbaric religion behind, they have no place in modern culture and they are fighting westernization tooth and nail. We either have to drag them into the 21st century and maybe their religion can adapt, ot they will have to abandon it all together. Pretty tall order considering how many Muslims are in the world. It's almost as if half the world would rather "regress" than embrace a modern culture and religion. Education is the key, many of them "defect" or at least "morph" their religion when they travel outside their own countries.
    To them our ways are "evil". They can't recognize other religions peacefully, they never have. Europe has been at war with Muslims off and on since Mohamed first ventured past Mecca.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

the guy who killed dutch filmmaker theo van gogh for making a film offensive to some muslims admitted he is guilty. look what he said:

"He said he felt an obligation to Van Gogh's mother Anneke, present in court, to speak, but offered no sympathy.

"I have to admit I do not feel for you, I do not feel your pain ... because I believe you are an infidel", he said."

ouch, that is harsh. i dont think they have the death penalty in the netherlands, but they need it. muslims are so scary. just reading their words makes me slightly nervous.

""I acted out of conviction - not because I hated your son.....I would do the same to my brother or father" if they had insulted the Prophet Muhammad, he said."

that really isnt encouraging news to any other artists that have anything to say that might offend the local crazies.

"If I were released and would have the chance to do it again, what I did on 2 November, I would do exactly the same thing."

religion, its great.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/AF377388-BDBD-4568-B318-FF47823B26A2.htm

10. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

For any aspiring writer, i think a great premise for a book would be a futuristic world where the wacko muslims have defeated the "civilized west", and taken over the world. I think it would be fascinating read...a horrific, hell on earth. Even their revisionist history would be interesting reading