More love for UGA

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by edyel, Jul 15, 2004.

1. edyel

edyel edyel

Since we owned UGA last year all the attention and top preseason poll rankings they have been given so far really hasn't bothered me. But enough is enough. The rivals all SEC team is out and it gives 'em TOO much love. I am starting to hope that they crash and burn this season as bad as Auburn did last season with all the press they got. Mark Richt as "coach of the year"? I think not. Richt can't carry Saban's jockstrap let alone outcoach him. This season can't come soon enough,and I hate cold weather. :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs: :lsug: :lsug: :lsug: :lsup: :lsup: :lsup: :lsup:

2. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

How? LSU has 3 more people on the 1st team then UGA

3. edyel

edyel edyel

It's a lot of the so called "experts" that are looking at what player's LSU doesn't have this year instead of who they do have that ticks me off. I know UGA is good but they are not good enough this year to outrank LSU. For LSU to beat UGA in the SECCG in the dome last year should speak volumes. LSU talent has not dropped off enough to be ranked below UGA. But then again, the "experts" have spoken.

4. Consensus

Consensus Founding Member

Nice Retort! Hard to come back with a stronger counter argument than that.

5. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

And how is LSU being ranked below UGA when they have more players on the 1st team?

They pick UGA to beat LSU...so what? They also picked Tenn to beat Auburn last year? Not sure why so many people start crying when a publication picks their team not to win it all.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I prefer being the underdog. No laurels to rest on. It makes them hungrier.

7. RockyMtTiger

RockyMtTiger Founding Member

Personally, I'm tired of the continual whining from some fans about respect. Who cares what ESPN, magazines, websites, etc. say about LSU. You can't really expect them to see things the same way we do.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I agee and have posted that several times, get off the respect sh!t. Quit whining. People don't all have to love us and think we are going to win a championship every year. Hell, I picked Florida to win it all this year because I think their QB is better than UGA's.

9. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

I'll take little respect and a National Championship over unjustified respect (like Texas) and no National Championship any day of the week !

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

leak won't even match his stats from last year.