More love for UGA

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by edyel, Jul 15, 2004.

1. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

I have given up arguing for Greene over Leak with UF fans...outside of the H2H game...Greene blows him away statistical, championship, and leadership wise, IMO.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

leak may be better as there's no way to tell with only one year under his belt. Greene may suck again this year, who knows.

3. SouthLink02

Not sure how Greene sucked last year....guy threw for 3,000 yards 11 TD's and led his team to another SECCG.

4. NOSA

NOSA Founding Member

UGA deserves respect. They very well may be better than us, and it's not like Saban is a lock for coach of the year. It just depends on how well your team does.

5. tirk

they have some respect but they won't get anymore til they show they can beat us. As of now, Saban has FreeShoes assistants number it seems. let's hope the trend continues. richt is always good for some serious choke-point at a crucial time of a big game. he has surrounded himself with a top staff which is his biggest asset.

6. SouthLink02

Neither Saban nor Richt have gone through a season undefeated

7. tirk

As a UGA fan you know better than I do he's made some serious in-game coaching blunders that may have cost you a championship.... I'll let you guess which ones I recall. an injury was one.

8. SouthLink02

Of course he made some blunders. Every new coach does....you telling me Saban never made a mistake his first 2-3 years?

9. tirk

none that cost us games in crunch-time. much less a handful. not slamming richt, i think he's an excellent coach yet in big games i think i see many deficiencies.

10. SouthLink02

Well what is your definition of a "big game"? Isn't Ole Miss still a big game for LSU even when Ole Miss is in a down year? Richt is 3-0 v. Tennessee, 3-0 v. Georgia Tech, and 2-1 (2 yards shy of 3-0) v. Auburn.....3 biggest rivalries we have and he has done darn well so I really don't buy into this thing that he isn't good in big games. He has yet to beat UF....but UF causes many teams trouble. Do you really think Richt choked in 2002 yet Saban didn't last in 2003? And since you say some of Richt's play-calling cost us a game or two (though he doesn't call every play)....can I not say that Saban's defense during the Arkansas game in 2002 during the last series...was not a bad call? I remember many LSU fans quite pissed with the Saftey defense that was called.

Again, Saban has been the better coach....I am not trying to say Richt is better because frankly...Richt hasn't earned it...I am just saying that every coach makes mistakes.