More love for UGA

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by edyel, Jul 15, 2004.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

A National Championship is like confession. All sins are forgiven. :wink:

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

And he did it without his best WR for much of the year.

Any SEC QB who has started as many games as Greene deserves much respect from fans of other SEC teams. What David has done is no fluke.

3. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I seem to recall that the Arkansas loss was not due to prevent defense, rather it was due to people allowing receivers to get behind them instead of keeping them in front.

4. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

Hmmm....and all this talk about some "cocktail party" had me thinking you had another big rivalry....you know, one in your division....

5. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

::sighs::

I know

6. SouthLink02

It is....but those 3 games are also "big games" for Georgia

7. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

I agree, but you stated that the three you listed are the "3 biggest rivalries we have". That's simply not true.

8. SouthLink02

I think you got my jist with it being 3 big rivals with Georgia. :dis:

9. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

Just prodding you...SLink. I hate the 2 game slide to the pups, so I like to remind you of the UF jinx lately. All in fun. :hihi:

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

It will probably take Richt 15 years to live down a couple of bad play calls and clock management during his first season. He's a very good coach and the best man for the UGA job, he'll be there a long time.

Andrew, I was pissed about the defense in that Razorback game. we ahd totally shut their passing game down all game long. We played prevent on both plays and on the first one we allowed them to complete a long pass to be in position for the toss into the endzone. We should have manned up with the safeties playing deep, especially on the second one. Saban even admitted it was bad call and he said on 2 occasions that he wouldn't call any more defensive sets as he has too many other things on his mind during the game as HC.

Green was only as good as the rest of his offense last year, he's not a stellar QB IMO that can raise his team to a different level maybe but he did have several early tosses in the SEC CG that should have been caught and could have changed the direction of the game. He is lacking in great arm strength but is accurate and has good touch. If his O-line can block at all and his backs pick up half the blitzes he will be much better this year. And I wouldn't rate his talents and abilities after watching him play LSU, if you did that than none of the 12 or 13 QB's we faced last year were any good.

Tirk, we'll have to see how Leak fares this season, why do you think he will have a worse year? I am thinking he will be better as all of the UF players will have another year under this system , they're young RB's with exceptional talent will be a year older like ours and the WR's are very gifted. I think UF will have a very good year. Also, Zook will be doing it with many more of his own players. When a coach that everyone likes quits like Spurrier did, I think it is a lot harder for a new coach to come in and get the players to buy into the systems, play as hard and to adjust. When a coach comes in after a ****ty coach and the team has been losing the players buy into the new systems much more easily. Zook came into an almost unbearable situation, made even worse by his QB damn near sabotaging the offense. He started getting it straightened out last season and should have the rest of those problems resolved this year.