More News from UT:)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TabasoCAT, Nov 4, 2002.

1. TabasoCAT

TabasoCAT Guest

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Welcome TabascoCat. I agree, however I think we cannot afford anymore injuries having our Starting QB, and RB out for the season.

Welcome to the board, Love you QB, he is great to watch. I always like when they break the huddle and I cannot figure out who the QB is.

Should be a shootout...

3. TabasoCAT

TabasoCAT Guest

We like Lorenzen too, however, we would like to see him take some weight off. He's not too mobile, kinda like a weeble, they wobble but they don't fall down:D

It seems with our defense, every game is a shootout. We can't stop anyone, but we don't give up a lot of points either...go figure.

Most of our success has come from winning field position battles. Pakulak the punter is great, and Abney, the punt returner, has saved our bacon all year long.

Good luck.

4. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Field postion could very well be the key. ALONG with turnovers. We do need some short scoring drives. Good field postion helps keep the mistake down.

5. TabasoCAT

TabasoCAT Guest

I agree, turnovers and field position are the key. I like our chances if we don't throw it away. I don't like our chances if you guys run it down our throat and control the clock.
    Georgia proved that to be the best way to wear us down.

6. TexasTigers

Tabasco, I believe that is our only hope is to wear you down with a pounding running attack. The reason to keep the BattleShip off the field who can sling it. AND we cannot afford to get into a shootout. We dont have the Offense to do that. PLus we have to get up early and force Mistakes. If Kentucky gets up on LSU they may panic and pack it in (See Auburn) but if LSU can come out quickly then play keep away.

Kentucky's offense is very very potent. Basically you have the #1 D going up against a solid Offense. SHould be exciting no matter who wins.

7. TabasoCAT

TabasoCAT Guest

I agree. I am sure Saban has watched the UK/UGA game film and that's the plan.
    UK will stack 7-8 in the box and dare you to throw it. It's been their MO all year long.

"Battleship" has been pretty efficient this year. We are not a potent as last year, but we are more efficient at scoring opportunities, and that is what counts. We have a little more balance with Pinner running. He leads the SEC in rushing, and that is an amazing accomplishment behind our O-line.

If you are looking for nicknames for Lorenzen, here are a few:

Pillsbury Throwboy
    Round Mound of Touchdown
    Hefty Lefty
    Frisch's Big Boy
    Chubby Buddy

EPSN has dubbed him "Battleship" and that has seemed to stick.

Feel free to stop by our board over at:

http://www.kentuckysportsreport.net/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=3

8. TexasTigers

I watched a little story on him once on ESPN, he said he thought LSU fans dressing in Togas with pictures of Fat Bastard with his head on there was the funniest thing has ever seen and thought is was great.

Shows the kid has character. Shows he can take it. I like the guy, he takes it in stride and realizes he is who he is. I like the comment "he is one M&M away from 300 lbs"

He sure is fun to watch, I like when he runs the ball he is like a Full Back... Amazing the mobility he has for his well.. Size.

Personally I think the Battleship, is well the most appealing. The other ones are funny though.

No offense if you get a Ho-Hum response to the Vol thing. LSU has no beef with Tennessee we really have little history with them and the little we have has been positive, Auburn is the name to our Pain and we dont really like Florida. But Auburn took us to the wood shed so we are a bit bitter right now ;). Plus Tennesse has been our whipping boy the last 2-3 years. (2 out of 3 and SEC title at their expense).

I wish him great success except this weekend.

9. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I like the big boy, too. I'll never forget the pass he made a couple years ago when he was in the process of getting sacked and spun around to throw the ball over his shoulder, WITH HIS BACK TURNED TO THE RECEIVER. I think it was a 3rd and long situation that went for a first down. Incredible.

10. TabasoCAT

TabasoCAT Guest

I won't worry about the lack of response to my Vol humor. I am happy to share it, however.

Kentucky shares it's longest border with them. The UT fans....well, I better not go there:D

And after all the grief we have taken over our probation from them, their time for probation is soon to come:)