More Ohio State Scrutiny

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Herb, May 7, 2011.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Funny you should mention that. I was just thinking yesterday about how that has to be the very worst kind of ferret in the entire animal kingdom. :rofl:

Agree wholeheartedly with tirk. Tressel is the SECs best friend.

1 person likes this.
  2. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

Ray Small, former tOSU WR, is the latest in admitting wrong doing, wonder if the NCAA will want to discuss this situation with him.

http:// sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6592185 (Link not posting correctly, just copy into browser without spaces.)

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Former Ohio State wide receiver Ray Small told the school's student newspaper that he sold Big Ten championship rings and other memorabilia for cash and got special car deals as an athlete during his playing days.

The Lantern reported that Small, who played for the Buckeyes from 2006 to 2010, said "everyone was doing it" on the team.

All of this is mounting as Lack of Institutional Control.

3. MikeDTiger

MikeDTiger Geaux Tigers!!!

Coach Jim Tressel out at Ohio State | BuckeyeXtra

Seemed like the writing was on the wall for this, there was just too much for Tressel to survive this...

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

How quick before urban myth starts his "I miss coaching the kids" rhetoric.

Mark it down urban will be the next coach at Ohio state

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yeah thats what every talking head was parroting yesterday upon the sweater vest being dethroned.

they fail to mention a program that will be penalized almost as badly as USC, on probation, may not want to hire a dude with more arrests in the incarcerated-laden SEC than any other coach during his tenure. doesnt make for good business sense right out of the gate.

maybe hire someone like zook to take the initial fall of the lessened scholarship years then sub-urban can enter the picture and be the savior.

I mean, if hes still not tired and is done spending quality time with his family of course. come to think of it, that dude is such a flake id be glad to see him outside of the sec so I hope it happens.

just think, another coach who is perceived as pious and almighty while the criminal record speaks a different story. somehow they are still spinning this into tressell isnt really a bad a guy or anything.

maybe hes not but how do you differentiate his continual transgressions from the person doing it?

I guess hes exempt in their minds because hes created this image they cannot look past. very much like urban. their perception is reality.

the ironic part is he really only went down because he lied to the biggest hypocritical entity outside of congress-- the ncaa.