More Oklahoma Excuses

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ramah, Aug 20, 2004.

1. ramah

ramah Founding Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/preview04/news/story?id=1857764

Last year, White was on pace to do both. In the regular season, he set an Oklahoma record by throwing 40 touchdowns. He threw for over 3,500 yards. Not only did he win the Heisman, but he was the Associated Press, Sporting News and Sports Illustrated Player of the Year. He quarterbacked a team that some believed was the best ever in college football, a seemingly invincible bunch that was the No. 1 team in the country for 13 straight weeks.

Until disaster struck. In the Big 12 championship against Kansas State, White broke a bone in his right (throwing) wrist and coughed up two interceptions. A month later, on the first play from scrimmage in the Sugar Bowl against LSU, he broke a bone in his left foot, eventually completing just 13-of-37 attempts with two more interceptions.

:hihi:

Now ... he's back ... to really shake it down ... watch out for those loose pins, nuts and bolts ... Alas, Poor Frankenstein ...

Ode to Frankenstein (The Final Bugle)

BULLSEYE WHITE, he put up a helluva fight, but alas, he had not the gas to go.
    He tried, yes he tried, with all his might, but it ended up as a Tiger Dee sheaux.
    That po’ Heisman Lad, the best OU ever had, was flushed by the Very Best Dee.
    And the people now know, Marquise Hill stole the show, from sea to shining sea.
    With a game on the line, BULLSEYE WHITE took the snap, o what did he ever do.
    He hobbled quickly left, cuz’ Hill was through on the right, all night long for LSU.
    BULLSEYE WHITE had no time, couldn’t throw on a dime, he never had a prayer.
    His ducks missed their mark, Webster lurked like a shark and 1 INT he did snare.
    Trailing late in the game with all time running out, BULLSEYE led one last charge.
    He hobbled left, Hill was through on the right when he saw his receiver at large.
    He cocked back to throw to let the ball fly, alas the crowd heard the Loud Crack.
    To BULLSEYE’S despair, Lionel Turner was there, BULLSEYE sat flat on his back.
    Another sack on the day, he cried on his last play, what more could BULLSEYE do.
    He messed with THE BEST and he died like the rest who faced the great Dee LSU.

2. mtntiger

mtntiger Freshman

Correct Me If I'm Wrong, But

I don't think White broke his foot until the fourth quarter when he ran that QB draw after the interception. He was having a pitiful game way before that, so that broken foot BS doesn't fly in my neighborhood.

WAAAAA!! WAAAAAA!! WAAAAAAA!! Whatever.

SPEED KILLS!!!! CALL THE CORONER!!!!

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Its funny how bad we were to win the national championship and the Sugarbowl last year.
    OU has plenty of excuses why they lost and I think Georgia claimed they had some
    key hurt players.

OU also had the best defense in the country according to Stoops and USC got screwed by the BCS better know as BS because of no playoff system in football.

So now they change the BS and take the SOS out of the system.

Its too bad that football is such a good sport, if it was basketball or baseball and they
    had a screwed up post-season like this I wouldn't waste my time and watch it!

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Excellent job, sweetheart.

Wait, WAIT! I think we have SOMETHING!

WEBSTER AND DANIELS HAVE RENAMED THE POSITION:

CORONER BACKS!!!!

5. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

I would not be surprised if White did not finish the season as the starting QB, injury or no injury. If he were to have a bad game against Texas in Dallas, don't be surprised to see Thompson, regardless of White's Heisman. (Then again, Mack is still coaching Texas so he might be able to get away with a bad game and still win by 40 :hihi: ) Thompson throws well and is mobile, something White can't claim.

Wait....it's the Big 12....who cares ? :dis:

6. Gandalf

Gandalf Founding Member