more on Mike Williams

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Big Earl, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Big Earl

Big Earl Founding Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1858304\

NCAA won't rule for at least another week......

Am I the only who's thinking, "WHAT'S THE F*CKING HOLD UP?" I mean this is not rocket science; there is nothing to disect or analize. The guy signed with an agent, then unsigned, now he wants to play college football again. This is a simple yes or no decision. Why has this been dragging on for over three months now?

And the sad part is....there ARE going to let him play. There is not a doubt in my mind about that. He's too valuable to the NCAA's image. But hey, guys, news flash... by delaying this ruling, you're not holding anyone in suspence. No one is waiting on pins and needles while you ponder this HUGE decision because everyone already knows what your going to do. This whole thing is like trying to figure out if the pope is going to go to church this Sunday.

Come on, give me a break, and make a call. One way, or another, make a call.

2. rickyd

rickyd Founding Member

The sad thing is I think you're right. The media darlings will get their player back.
    They do seem to be obssesed with us though, they have several (negative) threads about us. (Example below)
    I don't seem to see any about them here.

Lets see who can come up with the best punchline

1) What is the difference between a convicted felon and a Miami football player?

2) What is the difference between a LSU fan and a Jerry Springer guest

A lot of the answers to question 1 are funny, they dropped the ball on their #2 answers. (I could be biased though) LOL

http://mb10.theinsiders.com/fuscfansfrm1

3. Gandalf

Gandalf Founding Member

That's okay, Corey will shut his a$$ down if we play them. I keep thinking that they will set some sort of precedent if they let him back in, but if they go ahead and say that the precedent is "The next time a court rules that all underclassmen are eligible and a player signs with an agent, then another court overturns the decision..." I guess the possibility is so remote that I guess I don't have a problem with them letting him back in as long as he paid the agent back every red cent.

4. ElvisFan

ElvisFan Founding Member

That's because WE have last year's crystal ball...you know, the one THEY
    covet so badly, because they know it's the symbol for the one and only true NC. And all they can do about it is crack impotent jokes. I can assure you, that had Oklahoma won the Sugar Bowl, then they would be the target of Trojan fan's hissy fits.

Let 'em talk. I only have one word for them: SCOREBOARD.

5. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

They aren't going to let him play. If they do, they will be facing lawsuits every year. The NCAA knows not to open that can of worms for any player, no matter if they are media darlings or not.

6. G-man33

G-man33 Founding Member

You might be right, but the hold up is they have to figure out how to make him academically eligible because I read that he dropped out of school in the spring and did not finish the required courses to be eligible.

7. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

He took summer classes...

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

#1 - One is sent to prison, and the other one gets to start at Linebacker.

9. bubbafong

bubbafong Founding Member

I'm thinking they'll let him back in, but I sure hope I'm way wrong. We'll just have to wait and see, and hope that the NCAA has some balls to do what's right.

#1 - The convicted felon is still being recruited.

#2 - The LSU fans are in purple and gold.

10. ramah

ramah Founding Member

If there is a College Football God

He will smite these arrogant USC bastids will plague, pestilence and dissention among their ranks.

They have been given the gift of removal of SOS from the BCS formula for determining a National Champ ... :po: after they ratphucked the College FB world and the agreed upon BCS system of determining a champ

Let them play Professionals too :po: every dog has his day ... and these arrogant bastids won't cheat and prosper ...

The Fickle Finger of Fate will have its way with Troy ...

They will never win a legitimate BCS NC