More OSU Beavers fan talk...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Feb 16, 2004.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

They're getting that stuff off of that college web site where they rate the conferences, teams, ect. for past year, the decade so far, all previous decades and for all-time. This years rankings and the 200-2003 rankings are laughable, the ACC is rated higher than the SEC also. The all-time rankings are more accurate and show LSU in a very good light but I take that the attitude that they are so bad on the present day rankings that I have to ignore their all time rankings also.

I thought the link was on this board but I can't find it yet.

2. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

I think we should just have a PAC-10/SEC battle. Match up the teams and let them each play a game. We can even make a trophy so the USC Condoms will be happy. Let them play according to strength.

We can exclude Vanderbilt, because face it unless it is womens basketball, they suck

LSU-USC
    Geprgia-Was. State
    Ole Miss-Oregon
    Tennesse-California
    Florida-Oregon State
    Arkansas-Washington
    Alabama-UCLA
    South Carolina-Arizona St.
    Kentucky-Stanford
    Miss St.-Arizona

Predictions??

3. BB

BB Founding Member

BLOODBATH - Advantage SEC - I have no idea how the AP will vote...

4. Globalx39

Globalx39 Founding Member

Reading on that board, a lot of them beavers are talking about taking out a second mortgage or betting their life savings on this game. the telling thing is, they are only talking about betting the point spread and not straight up. at least on some level they realize they likely will not win.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Actually it looks pretty even to me based on how bad a lot of the SEC teams were last season. Year in and year out over the past, the SEC has been better but right now I'm not too sure of that. I think LSU/USC is a toss up, WSU plays UGA a good one, Ole Miss/ Oregon a slight advantage to Ole Miss, Tenn/Cal I'm not sure about after seeing the Peach Bowl but I may give the nod to Cal, UF and OSU a toss up, Ark/Wash a toss up, UCLA/Bama a nod to UCLA cause Bama couldn't score against hardly anyone, I would rather have Auburn in that spot but you left them out too and I think they would have won, then it would be Bama/Az. St and Bama would have the advantage. USC/Stanford would have been a toss up as they were both pretty bad last season. And UK/Zona would favor the SEC but MSU/Zona would have been a vommit game. Moo U had more talent but they didn't play for their coaches, Zona had worse talent but they didn't play for their coach either so maybe the Maroons have a little edge. Overall, pretty close. The SECa slight advantage but not the knock out everyone most SEC fans would think, IMO.

6. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

forgot about AU, my oversight. I would put them in and take Miss St out.

7. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I don't quite think it's fair to just take the 10 best SEC teams when you can't leave anyone out of the PAC 10. If you were to present this list to PAC-10 fans, that would be the first thing they point out about it. At the same time I don't think it's right to take LSU off the list. I'd say take off two middle of the road SEC teams or something...

8. dothantiger

dothantiger Founding Member

Maybe the water is a little more saltier on the west coast???? It's probably just another effect of El Nino.