More PAC 10 officiating issues

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mesquite tiger, Sep 23, 2006.

1. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

I am not too aware of LSU's upcoming future schedules, but if we play any PAC 10 teams away we may want to rethink it or push for nuetral refs. We all know about the Oregon/OU fiasco......now the PAC 10 is admitting 6 officiating errors in last weeks Washington State/Baylor game in Washington. One of the calls was a pass interference in the endzone on a 2 point play for Baylor that was not called (Baylor lost by 2 points), and the other was a Washington State fumble on the Baylor 2 yard line that possession was ruled incorrectly for Washington State (Wazzu scored 1 play later - on another contreversial call where the QB was pushed in by 2 players - and that put them ahead with a minute left to go).

This is obviously a huge issue that will effect the PAC 10's future scheduling if it is not corrected soon.

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/content/sports/college/2006/09/23/09232006wacscrewups.html

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

One thing you have to give the Pac 10, they call a spade a spade. The SEC upheld piss pour calls. Too chicken **** to take a stand. No one is perfect but when you make a mistake, nut up and own it! It usually de-escalates the situation.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Neutral sounds good because that would mean no dazed and confused SEC refs. At least in the pus10 they punish their refs for incompetence.

4. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I was telling my roommate about how the instant reply guy took a leave of absence for the season because he was receiving so many death threats. His reply…

huh...i guess death threats do work.