More People Use a Gun in Self-Defense Each Year Than Die in Car Accidents

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jul 21, 2018.

1. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Let’s say that there was nothing said after the shove. Once the gun comes out, and the man doing the shoving backs up, I don’t think there’s an altercation anymore. But that’s just like, my opinion, man.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I'm all for shooting someone but that doesn't look like self defense to me. Is it true this dude looks for people illegal parking so he can start shit. I read he has a history of it but who knows.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  3. BAY0U BENGAL

It would be interesting to know

4. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

No law against being a jerk and pointing out that another jerk is breaking the law.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Agree but when you do it while carrying a gun it sure muddies up the water in my eyes. Like playing cop. I bet he wouldn't have been so bold had he not had the gun in the first place.

watson1880 likes this.
  6. BAY0U BENGAL

No, not at all. But verbal confrontations have been considered assault. Also makes you the primary aggressor. And this is all speculation, because I’ll never know what exactly was said and in what context.

Not really breaking the law. But it does kind of make it seem like a “make my day, punk” type of attitude.

watson1880 likes this.
  7. tirk

The store owner said he looked for confrontation on the reg and had to call the cops on him for harassing customers.

Regardless the prior history this wasn't self defense. Conceal carry is a problem when the shooter is the antagonist. After the shooter pulled the gun he was never threatened. He should be charged.

Add the prior history and even a premeditated case could be made. A plan to cause a death before it happened is all you need there.

el005639, GiantDuckFan, kcal and 2 others like this.
  8. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

That is not an ordinary shove, it is highly aggressive in fact certainly enough for an assault charge and leads to the shooter being on the ground. Once on the ground, the ability to retreat is practically zero and the aggressor was still the shover... This is when the shooter feared for his life.

Was there backward movement, yup. Does that movement mean hostilities by the shover are over, nope. Did the shooter protect himself from serious harm (whatever the legal phrase is for this law), yup.

KyleK likes this.
  9. tirk

Completely disagree with this assessment.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If some stranger was yelling at your wife in a parking lot wouldn't you give hin "an aggressive shove?" The idiot was verbally assaulting her and guy 2's response was not only legal nut calledd for. I would charge the shooter with second degree murder only because I know a 1st degree charge wouldn't stick. He deserves to spend a long time dating large bad men who all happened to it named Bubba.

tirk likes this.