More proof Goodell is a moron

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by clair, Dec 29, 2008.

1. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

Goodell hasn't a clue!

He makes David Stern look like a genius.

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I think it is a great move. It will be played in the same stadium that the Super Bowl is in which will attract plenty more players and the media will be all over it for once.

3. clair

clair Rockets

the media will be better.

but the players?

I'm so sure players who are not in the Superbowl will want to be in Miami to have their noses rubbed into the big-game they're not playing in.

Maybe if they did it on the Saturday before the big game, people would want to be there to stick around for Sunday.

But it's a full week before the game.

You defended Goodell in the Pacman thread, too.

Why all the love? Homeboy from Mobile, too? :hihi: j/k.

4. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Nobody wants to play in the game and only a few will care. If they did then it would be a problem. Plus they are in the Super Bowl. It brings a hype to the game and people will actually watch it now.

Defend? Eh..Im pretty sure I was the poor messenger that had to break the news to you that Roger wasnt responsible for half the stuff you thought he did. ;)

5. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

WOAH NELLIE!

Think about this for a minute. The NFL already has a hard time getting athletes to take their families on a wonderful week long vacation to freakin' Hawaii. How many players are gonna skip the game due to "injuries" when it follows the SB to these fabulous locations

Dallas 2011
    Indianapolis has a new stadium and is almost a lock for 2012

thats dallas and indy in febuary. When it snows. Alot.

If anything, this may be a planned killing of the pro bowl. which I fully support.

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

They dont go for the cities. They go for the 1,000 parties with top celebs that go show up during Super Bowl week-- Im sure most dont want to bring their wives anyways. Its an athletes Mardi Gras.

7. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

They said that when jacksonville was announced as a site. And we all remember how well that turned out....

8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

To play a meaningless game with top players after the season is over has always seemed pointless and unexciting to me personally from a fans perspective. Having lived in Hawaii for a 3 year stretch, I attended several of the ProBowl games. It was better than I expected, and the community really supports it considering they don't even have a pro team, but I can't say that I was really fired up about it. Having said that, I don't think it is moronic that the commissioner asks the question "is this the best way to carry out the pro bowl", just b/c it is what has traditionally been done. There are more logical considerations than the players deserving a week in Hawaii after the season is over, and uh, lets play a game while we are there to justify that reward. Through the years this game has become a money maker, so perhaps there is a better way to do it, especially in times where the economy is tough and franchises will be realizing less fan attendance. What is wrong with trying to see if there is a better way than the traditional way. In the end, it may be that continuing to have the game in HI at the end of the season is better, but why not look at alternatives and investigate?

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

First of all, its just an experimental move. Game as of now will be back in Hawaii in 2011. And considering the Pro Bowl has got to be the least watched and least cared about (on the part of both fans and players; my opinion) of all the major sports all-star games, I don't see how this is all that damaging.

There are final week changes to the roster every year, that's why they designate alternates shortly after the rosters are selected. No biggie.

10. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

In the past players from the 2 superbowl teams often would not go because they are either too beat up, celebrating, or too depressed. So we go from having top players from two teams potentially not going, to definately 2 teams potentially 4 teams. You think they players on the losing teams of the conference championship games are gonna wanna hang out in a superbowl atmosphere? At this rate we might see some Saints corners make the probowl.