More suspensions for wearing patriotic clothing.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by TigerFan23, Apr 7, 2006.

1. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Right, but they shouldn't be marching around waving foreign flags claiming they aren't criminals and shouldn't be treated as such. If they are here legally and really understood what they are rallying against, they would understand they aren't going to be treated like criminals under any immigration law and they have nothing to protest. Just another instance of misinformation being spread to draw attention to a cause.

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

True, but they seem to take this as an assault on their race/country of origin and are just trying to show their support for their home country. This blurring of the issue always occurs because someone will take a hot topic & turn it into something that suits their needs. Everyone's got an agenda.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

at a school, i wouldnt really call the children of illegals "criminals".

4. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

CParso, I think you're missing the point. Students were suspended for wearing certain shirts, not waving flags. Furthermore, students were suspended for wearing Marine Corps shirts in support of family members serving in the Marine Corps. It's disgusting.

5. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

I didn't, the protesters were the ones saying they were being treated like criminals. My point, anyone protesting who has a "legal" status would not and could not be treated as a criminal, so any legal using this as justification is misrepresenting the facts or has no understanding of the facts.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I'm beginning to understand why school have started going to uniforms. Anything can have a sinister hidden meaning or rouse unreasonable anger in someone unexpected. In Los Angeles you cna get killed for carrying the wrong color bandanna to school.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I'm not missing the point. Kids were wearing these clothes in order to support hatred of people. Action had to be taken.

8. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Those D.A.R.E. t-shirts are bad news........Anyway, I like the school uniform idea. They should all have nice little American flag patches on the sleeves, I think.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I don't really know whether they were being treated like criminals, but it isn't hard to believe. White people are just as easily tricked into thinking the issue is about immigrants in general, & kids especially, can bolster hatred for a specific group very easily.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

i see, my fault.