Most all LSU fans have affliations with the Saints, good or bad...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GoldenEagle, Jan 20, 2005.

1. tigrman

tigrman Founding Member

I heard, by word of mouth, that The Aints are looking at L.A. and that Pete Carrol said that the only way that he would return to the NFL would be if a team came to L.A.

Just rumor, but...

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Saints are like an ex-wife. You still have feelings but hate them at the same time.

3. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

I love the Saints with all of my heart
    I hate the Saints with all of my heart

4. Carface

Carface What the...?

5. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Well, I don't really like any professional sport too much. I like collegiate sports because the players are playing for the love of the game (most of the time) and not for a check. A good example is when Aaron Brooks was busting his ass after Blake went down, eventutally got paid, then didn't work as hard as he did before. I follow the Saints to the extent of reading about them in the morning paper after I've read all of the LSU articles. I think if I lived in an area with good baseball, basketball, and/or football teams (for example, atlanta or houston) I'd follow them a little more. Just my .02!

6. Bucktown Tiger

Bucktown Tiger Founding Member

Love the Saints - not as much as LSU, but I still love them.

I have thought that if they ever did close the Dome for a year to renovate it correctly, that it would be fun to have a season of Saints football at Tiger Stadium.

One thing that could help them would be to play 3PM games instead of noon. 12 noon is hard to get the fans to NO from surrounding areas - also to get the hung-over ones out of bed.

7. JAYDEAUNSTIGAHS

JAYDEAUNSTIGAHS Founding Member

I am a diehard Saints fan, always will be cause blood runs thick. I know one day we will have a superbowl. I think coach Haslett with a few more years will get us there.

8. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

I was once the biggest Saints fan I could imagine. Watched the first game on TV when John Gilliam ran back the opening kickoff for a touchdown and hardly missed a game after that (in person, on TV or radio). One summer I was visiting family in Iowa and on a Saturday night drove my car out into a cornfield on a ridge so I could pick up WWL and listen to a PRE-SEASON game. I spent the summer of 1973 at their training camp in Hattiesburg, after I graduated high school. I was a sick, sick man.

After moving to Virginia years ago, my interest in the Saints began to dwindle, thankfully, and now I would be hard pressed to name 10 of their players.

My son now lives in Louisiana and is a Saints fan. I told him that by casting his allegience with that team he was condemning himself to a lifetime of heartache, disappointment and disillusionment.

My only interest in the Saints (or any other NFL team) is what LSU players are on the squad. And on that note, congratulations to the Saints for squandering the talents of Devery Henderson for a year.

9. TheDrunkenTiger

TheDrunkenTiger Founding Member

Yeah you and about...well...youre the only one.

Sorry, but I used to think like you. But after year after year after year after year (you noticing a pattern?) of disappointment My father and I were on the breaking point. The final straw occured last year. Aaron "Football fallies" Brooks threw an interception. He then turned, looked at the camera and....smiled. That S.O.B. smiled after f*cking up. You could almost hear him thinking "Ive got my bug paycheck and I dont care!" After that we quit. Now we pretty much pull for the LSU player, but if we had to pick one team, itd be the Texans.

Also: Do you know what it feels like when your favorite player on your (my former) favorite team used to be an Ole' Miss Rebel?

10. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

I keep up with the Saints. Not a big fan. Losing seems like a tradition with the Saints, so I don't get all that upset. I don't like the way the organization is run.

I do check the Saints schedule to see when good teams come into town, and geaux watch that team. Not too attractive this year. I don't think they play the Patriots @ home until 2006.

2005 HOME OPPONENTS

Atlanta
    Buffalo
    Carolina
    Chicago
    Detroit
    Miami
    N.Y. Giants
    Tampa Bay

2005 ROAD OPPONENTS

Atlanta
    Carolina