Most all LSU fans have affliations with the Saints, good or bad...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GoldenEagle, Jan 20, 2005.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

That's actually not a bad idea at all. I'm not sure how much it would boost interest or attendance, but I relate to hangover guys and I, for one, would love it if they played the later games.

2. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

Yep, I'm a Saints fan and Yep I get upset with a Saints loss... :cuss:

3. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

With the Saints, you have to expect the worst and pray for the best. I think as long as dumbass is QB we are going to continue to have problems. We will win the big one one day. Until a couple of years ago, I thought we would never win a playoff game. If they were to move anywhere I'd say go to Lake Charles. Get them away from N.O. and all that trouble.

4. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

I grew up a Saints fan since I was a child. I have a love/hate relationship with the Saints (as do most people who grow up in NO) and will always continue to do so. I became an LSU fan during high school but the passion I have about the Saints will always be as strong, if not stronger as my feelings for LSU.

5. GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle Freshman

I don't think moving the Saints to Miss. is such a bad idea. It would give them a fresh start with the same fan base. The fan following wouldn't get any bigger, but fans visiting a game could enjoy the gulf coast and get a tan.....Eh....who am I kidding.....the Saints would still suck. At least in New Orleans you can drink your worries away.

6. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

I still am pissed off that we fired Mueller as our GM.

Idiot Benson acting like the car-selling moron that he is......

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

And to think he got fired for trading ganja man Ricky Williams. My little pinky knows more about football than Ben$on and he is the reason the Saints suck and always will.

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Man, you hit the nail on the head with this one. That's when the decline from winning their first playoff game started. The day Mueller got fired. Mickey Loomis is a joke of a GM.

9. sphincter_boy

sphincter_boy Founding Member

Yes....I am a saints fan and have been since childhood. I think it would be a good idea to build a stadium on the northshore because, face it...parking in downtown NO is a nightmare.

10. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I am one of the few that think the firing og the Mule was a good thing. From what I have read about the situation the Mule interviewed with the Falcons about six months beofe his firing, then proceeded to dismantle the Saints team he built to get the Falcs two easy wins his first year there. Think of the players the Mule let go or traded. Willie Roaf, Norman Hand, La Roi Glover, Sammy Knight, Jeff Blake, Charlie Clemons the list goes on. Look at his last few aquisitions. Grady Jackson? Albert Connell? Benson caught wind of this and fired him. Truth is for every good move the Mule made he made several bad ones.

The problem was not firing the Mule it was hiring Loomis and Benson's constant defense and retention of Rick Venturi.

And if the Mule was so great why hasn't he had even one interview since he was fired?