Most all LSU fans have affliations with the Saints, good or bad...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GoldenEagle, Jan 20, 2005.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Can't argue with the fact the he got rid of such key players. But I think he's a consumate professional and, besides Roaf, (most of us know why he was traded) had cap reasons in mind when moving the other players and thought he could get servicable, veteran talent for a (in NFL money) bargain basement price . I don't think he did this just so the Falcons could win 2 games. It is an interesting angle for conspiracy theorist though.

That said, I do think that Loomis's hiring compounded the situation from bad to worse.

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Good for you TDT! You've hitched your wagon to a very solid NFL franchise. I've tried to convince native Saints fans to do the same, and have had mixed results. The allegiance to an embarassment of an organization is perplexing, but not all together surprising. And yea, I follow the Saints pretty closely out of some sense of moral (morbid?) obligation, and deep down hope they do well. NOLA needs SOMETHING...ANYTHING!

But in the intervening 30-40 years before the Saints see glory, the Texans are a great team to pull for.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

If by NOLA, you mean the Saints, then what they need is solid leadership and accountability in every aspect of their organization. From the owner, to the GM, to the QB.

4. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

..grounds keepers, ball boys, concession stand workers, parking attendants. :lol:

5. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Oh, I'm not limiting it to the Saints by any means...:shock::hihi:

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

You should stop reading the National Enquirer for your football news. :dis: :dis: Mueller was fired because he set up the Ricky Williams trade without consulting Ben$on. Willie Roaf refused to play for the Saints after his teammates slept with his wife, Norman Hand was so fat he needed a forklift to get him out of bed, Jeff Blake was being paid 1st string money and was going to be the back up and the rest were salary cap moves. The only one they made a mistake on was glover, they should have kept him no matter what the price. He made a really good trade of Williams to play Deuce yet he was dismantling the team for the good of the Falcons? Get real, Ben$on thinks he knows something about football and wants total control thats why Mueller was fired and the Saints suck and always will with Ben$on as owner.

7. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I think the fact that Mueller has not been interviewed by anyone gives the remor alot of credibility. He made alot more bad moves than good ones.

8. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Use to be a huge Saints fan but not any more. Ex wife stillis wonder if that had anything to do with it. LSU and college football fill my weekend. Sunday is a day of rest. So I put the Saints on and take a nap.

9. Cat Squirrel

Cat Squirrel Founding Member

I grew up with season tickets and went to almost every game I could and watched or listenedto the rest....Now, I could care less about the Saints and invite them, no...implore them, to move.

10. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

That is the most profound and meaningful quote anybody anywhere has ever said about the New Orleans Saints.

I only wish that I had heard Buddy Diliberto utter those words, because they would sound so perfect coming from his mouth on his radio show.