Most all LSU fans have affliations with the Saints, good or bad...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GoldenEagle, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

I've lived away from NOLA since 1990 with the US military. I loved the Saints and went to almost all of the games from 1968, 1969 and 1970. Sometime in the years of 1971 through 1973, I realized that the Saints were never going to amount to anything resembling a winning franchise.

For a few years during the Jim Mora era, the Saints had an excellent team that would have won several division titles had not the SF 49ers been in our division. We Saints fans must always remember that the Saints were an excellent team for a few of Mora's years.

We are thankful that Haslett finally won ONE playoff game for the NO Saints franchise. GREAT. The Saints have ONE playoff victory in its 37 year history.

Hey, maybe the Saints will win another playoff game while the team is in NOLA. I agree with the poster above that most of the Saints games are best slept through. The pathetic, laughable, inept, unispired and dreadful play of that JOKE of a franchise is best not witnessed.

Indeed, the New Orleans Saints will NEVER win a Superbowl. That franchise has a MUCH BETTER chance of re-locating to a new city way before it manages to win a Superbowl.

With new ownership in a new city, perhaps the Saints can win a Superbowl sometime in the future.

The NFL market has outgrown New Orleans, and I expect the Saints to move within the next 3 to 5 years.

I hope all my expectations are wrong, because no NFL fans deserve a Superbowl champion more than NO Saints fans. Saints fans are the best fans in pro football. I admire them. I'm sort of an apostate Saints fan, because I laugh at them when they look like clowns on the field instead of pro football players . . . I laugh at them when they manage to lose to expansion teams . . . and I laugh at them when teams like the Carolina Panthers achieve many times the success of the Saints in a fraction of the amount of time. You can't really say I'm a good Saints fan, because I would never spend a nickel to see the Saints play. Even if you gave me a ticket, I probably would not bother to take the trouble to drive an hour to go to the Superdome.

37 years and only one playoff win is the main reason for this lack of enthusiasm for the Saints.