Most Anticipated Games - Football

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DDTigerFan, May 10, 2005.

1. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

What home game are you looking forward to most?

And for those of you who travel to away games...which away game are you excited about the most?

For me, I'm looking forward to the Tennessee home game because I think it will really let us know what kind of season we will have, it should be a huge crowd and Tiger Stadium will be amped and loud as ever.

As far as away games I cannot wait to get back to the Grove, show those delusional :eek:lefire: fans how to tailgate, then showing Coach O and their team how football is played. The only thing I am not looking forward to is that horrible traffic on the one road out of Oxford.

:lsup: LSU! :lsup:

2. clair

clair Rockets

Home Game: Zona St. Tennessee Florida
    Road Game: Bama, SEC Title Game

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

les miles' 1st game at TS

4. clair

clair Rockets

i agree.... this may be the purple and gold in me talking, but i dont see how someone with his energy can fail in an atmosphere like we have

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

nah i totally feel ya on that one. it does indeed seem to be a great fit...so far.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I'd have to say North Texas. Why? First game of the season, GEEZUS I can't wait!! Second of all, even though its not a great team to judge it by, it will be our first chance to see what this team can do under Miles.

Other than that, Florida. Match up of the new coaches. The hype & atmosphere will be unreal!

Road game: SECCG, just like cgisclair said. :hihi:

7. GMoney2600

GMoney2600 Founding Member

North Texas. We should coast to an easy win, and we may get a glimpse of RP under center.

8. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

July 1st, 2005.. when i whip NT's a$$ on Ncaa Football 2006...

9. studentsect

studentsect Founding Member

I kind of disagree, I think it is a pretty good team to judge by, at least for the first quarter or so. UNT is a pretty decent team, and although there is pretty much no chance in hell they hang with us through the whole game, how quickly we jump on them could be a pretty good indication of how explosive our offense will be. Also, their runningbacks have led the NCAA in rushing the last 2 years (Patrick Cobbs(1680 yards) in 2003, Jamario Thomas(1872 yards) last year), so how well our starters contain those two could be an indication of how well they will be able to handle other backs. This game gives a good chance to show off the new team against a some-what respectable (for a rent-a-win) opponent with very little risk.

This is a team that finished better than Troy in the sun-belt last year, so a complete domination could be a great way for the Les Miles era to begin.

10. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

RUshing stats, by game last year, of UNT...

Texas - 38
    FAU - 116
    Colorado - 258
    Baylor - 98
    MTSU - 176
    Utah St - 259
    NMSU - 262
    ULM - 206
    ULL - 210
    Idaho - 334
    ASU - 202
    S. Miss - 78...

Average against Sunbelt** Opponents - 221
    Average against Real I-A teams - 118...
    ** I include FAU in the Sunbelt because they are now in the Sunbelt, though they were I-AA last year.

If LSU's defense cant do as well against UNT's running game as Texas, Southern Miss, or even Baylor, then they will be in trouble....

LSU 55 UNT 10