Most Anticipated Games - Football

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DDTigerFan, May 10, 2005.

1. studentsect

studentsect Founding Member

I'm not saying UNT is a good team, I'm just saying they are good enough to where dominating them badly enough will make a statement.

Also, in the Texas game Thomas only got 2 carries and didn't become the starter until later, so UT didn't really face him.

That's probably about what it will be, or worse, but the final score won't prove much. Whether its 35-0 or 14-3 halfway through the second quater will probably tell us a lot more about the team than the final score.

I can't believe I am putting off studying so much that I am argueing details about North Texas on the internet at 3 in the morning.

2. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Has to be opening day and then each week after that. Simply because if we blow under the new coaching staff then the other games will simply be the next game to a long season

Road games: Planning on going to ole miss this year.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

That I can agree with. If we start out slow again next season I think everyone will be very disappointed and get the fans in general in a funk.

4. ATL_Tigah

ATL_Tigah Founding Member

Definately opening day.... Tiger Stadium will be out of control... and seeing Les take it all in will be worth its weight in gold!

As for a road game, I would say Vandy... I personally have never been to a game in Nashvegas, and from what I hear from some Vol fans around the office, I am looking forward to turning a road game into a pseudo home game... with Tiger fans out numbering Commie fans 10:1!

LES GEAUX MILES!

:eek:lefire:

5. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Home Games - Arizona St, Tenn, Auburn
    Away Games - Alabama

6. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

One game at a time. North Texas.

As for the ones that I think will be great matchups, Tennessee and Florida.

Eagerly awaiting like an impending trainwreck -- OLE MISS and their sideshow coach v. our lunatic coach.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Had to laugh at that one. I am always tentative in my expectations when we play in Oxford. The Ole Miss team will be fired up more than us unless they have a good start to their season.

8. Thibodaux Tiger

Thibodaux Tiger Professional Lurker

Bama, I want to see the match up between Brodie Croyle and JaMarcus (if he holds on the his spot). I wanted to see it this past year but Croyle got hurt early on in the season and missed the rest. Croyle was the holder of all the Alabama high school passing records, that is until JaMarcus broke them!!!

9. TigrinumMajor

TigrinumMajor Founding Member

JaMarcus is twice, no, three times the QB that Croyle is. Croyle played for a lower division school and played against inferior competition. JaMarcus played at one of the higher classifications, either 5A or 6A. Croyle couldn't start over any of the top three at LSU.

I was surprised that only one of you listed the game against Auburn. I guess we really are insignificant to all of you. Oh, I forgot, we are going to be 0-6 coming to Baton Rouge.:hihi:

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Tennessee. By then we will know who the starting QB is and if he has the stuff or not. By then we will know the same about Miles.

Tennessee is a top-10 team, but they are a little overated with a quarterback issue that's bigger than ours. Fulmer is past his prime and our coach is a comer. I think we can take them easy at home.