Most Backward Colleges

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeathValley, Dec 11, 2002.

1. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

I was sitting here and began to wonder which colleges people feel our most backward. Examples-Hicks, trailerparks, cows, ect. Well you get the picture
    My picks are as follows
    1.Auburn(College is surrounded by a bunch of barnyard animals)
    2.Texas A&M(Well College Staion is not exactally the most happening place to be)
    3.Arkansas(Well I think everyone in the school is related in one way or another)

2. chuck

chuck Founding Member

my personal favorite

If you get off the first exit after the bridge heading to BR from Texas, the first billboard you see is a giant ground level picture of a crack baby. . .

sheesh!

I remember when I looked at Auburn how amused I was about the farmland around it . .however, I certainly don't affiliate farming with backwards . .

3. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

Sorry to hurt your feelings. At the time I was burnt out from studying and this topic came into my mind. Don't really mean anything by it though.

4. AUMorgan21

AUMorgan21 Founding Member

I wanna know...........

..........why being an "AG" school always makes people associate that with every backwards redneck thing you could imagine, but no one ever seems to see the good things. And just because your school (not LSU, any person that says things like this) doesnt have an agricultural school doesnt mean you cant be out in the middle of cow country surrounded by rednecks, and have your share of redneck fans. I never here anyone mention the great things that our Ag. school does, and the economic impact that it has on the state. I personally only know them because my best friend is a student recruiter and knows every random fact you could ever want to know about Auburn.

Anyhow, I just thought Id throw in some good things about being a "cow college" (and I literally HATE that term).

WAR EAGLE!!

5. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

ULL is pretty backwards, they have an identity crisis and an inferiority complex. Those guys need some help.

6. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Re: I wanna know...........

Don't feel bad AU. We here at LSU talk a good game, but in reality, we're half AG school too. Our full name is, of course, Louisiana State University AND A&M College. Louisiana decided a long time ago to have one big flagship university instead of two. We've got a College of Agriculture and a Veterinary School just like every other good "cow college" (mighty good ones too if the accreditation reports are to be believed). My uncle graduated with a degree in Forestry in 1970, so he can tell you all about our "countri-fied" side of LSU.

GEAUX TIGERS!!

7. Hookem

Hookem Freshman

TEXAS TECH
    TEXAS TECH
    TEXAS TECH

they've sold a whopping 1000 tickets to their bowl game.....Now that is what I call support.......

And they wonder why they can't afford stamps to mail recruiting packages to recruits

8. Trentster

Trentster Founding Member

MS STATE

What about the Bulldogs out in the middle of nowhere - Starkville, MS

9. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I expected to see Miss. State

when I read the name of the thread. That would be my vote as far as SEC schools. Texas Tech for the Big 12 I guess. Those aggies are just a few fries short (the elevator doesn't go to the top floor).

10. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

After reading my post above...

I meant to say that A&M doesn't seem backwards (i.e. redneck hicks like Miss St.) to me, just that they're a different breed. They need their own category. I guess that's why there are so many aggie jokes.