Most crushing LSU moment

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Jan 18, 2011.

1. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

LSU basketball team with Shaq,Roberts,and Co. and we could not get to the final four. If we were ever loaded for a title, it was then. Seems like we still haven't recovered.:angryfire

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I have to go with the Katrina game against UT.
    Having lived there at the time and we were dealing with ALL that misery of the storm.
    We SO looked forward to just a respite from it all and that was LSU football.
    To have it end like that really sucked.

recent memory was Casey Dick's TD to beat us a couple of years ago at Arkansas.
    Being up what 34-13 or whatever to lose... For me personally was miserable

3. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

The pick that Flynn threw in the '07 Arkansas game. Even though we finished on top that year, at that moment, I was sick to my stomach. I thought our title chances were over.

1 person likes this.
  4. DJM136

DJM136 fubar 24/7

The loss to Indiana in the 1981 Final Four, "Let's get silly in Philly". I was at LSU in the late 70s, and saw the team progress farther into the tournament every year. 1981 was going to be our year. However, late in the Wichita State Elite Eight game in the Superdome, Macklin hurts his thumb pretty bad, can't remember if it was his left (shooting) or right hand. In the FF against Indiana, Tigers were up 30-27 at half, but were blown out in the 2nd half 40-19. Rudy was 2-12 and a non-factor in this game after a fabulous career and a fan favorite.

I had watched the team rise through the years and really thought they'd win it all that year. The '86 loss was not as crushing to me because that was a magical run, nobody thought we'd even be there. There's others in various sports, but this was the worst.

5. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: The 17 - 12 loss to USC in Tiger Stadium, result of a phantom facemask call on Benji Thibodeaux. What a heartbreaker. :LSU231:

6. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Missed 2-pt. conversion attempt in OT vs. Arkansas. Crushed me. It was my last game in the student section and as I was walking out I thought the title hopes were shot.

In retrospect, not all that crushing. But at the time, it was the lowest.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The Interception Game. The worst moment of the Curley Hallman Era of pathetic football.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Who was the OC that kept calling pass plays?

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

The 2003 and 2004 CWSs. On paper those were some of the best baseball teams we ever had. If ever a baseball team could have enough talent to go undefeated it was one of those teams. They had swagger, they had skill, they had no discipline. I remember seeing some of the guys in Tigerland the night before a huge SEC series with Bama. Both teams went two and out in Omaha. The 2003 team had an epic game against USCe. USCe ripped out to a huge lead. We came back, but blew it in the end.

The other big loss for me was the loss to Purdue in the 2003 NCAA tournament. We had a senior laden team led by Ronald Dupree Collis Temple III, and Torris Bright. I had no doubt that that team was going to turn it on and make a serious run. Instead Purdue put it on em like you would not believe. We lost by 30 or so.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Amedee I believe.... can't be sure though.