Most crushing LSU moment

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Jan 18, 2011.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I was offered a ticket to this game and had to turn it down because I was working. The following week, my boss told me,"I would have worked the shift for you if I had known." :po: I've talked to many Tiger fans over the years who insist that was the best game ever played in TS, even if it ended in a loss.

I will vote for the '06 Auburn game. 60 minutes of being raped by zebras, and we still had a shot to win it.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I think that rule has been taken out of the rule book, but don't quote me.

3. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I was at the USC game. We had faught hard and had beaten them; and we would have won the game if a marginal face mask penalty hadn't given them a one last chance. It was a painfull loss - but the pain didn't linger as long as losses to familiar foes. Not for me anyway. Remembering the game makes taking the 2003 :crystal: a lot sweeter.

Added Edit - As far as the best game played in TS, its up there. But the '07 Florida game beats it, IMO. And the EarthQuake game, maybe a few others. But the USC game would be in the top 10 - and that says a lot. There have been some terrific games in TS.

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

im with you. very few, if any, moments that were that big that went the wrong way.

randy livingston blowing out his knee was bad. that team went from very good to meh, fast.

the IU bucket to win after irvin missed the front end of 1 and 1 in 87--but thats kinda two moments.

5. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

Charles Scott stopped on 4th and one in Kentucky. I actually couldn't believe it. That ranks.

But honestly...the entire 2008 season was a crushing moment. LSU Football is supposed to be about defense. Watching that defense give up 50 points twice was like getting kicked in the gut. Thank God for Jarret Lee. We would have been 6-6 that year AT BEST without him.

6. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

2005 Tennessee: Not only a horrifying loss, but at the time I thought our new coach, in his second game, was a complete buffoon.

7. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

2004 - Georgia 45 LSU 16

The one where Xavier Carter kneeled on the 1 for the non-touchback.

I was watching that game with like 20 friends and we all knew we were headed for a repeat...... before the game, anyway.

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

These days, since we win so much, almost any loss is crushing--simply because it happens so rarely.

But...I have to agree with those that said the 1994 Interception Game. I was sitting at the kitchen table in my ex's parents' house in New Orleans, thinking we were finally going to beat a good team. Then, the unbelieveable happened.

I sat in my chair for a good hour after the game, rather motionless and speechless.

9. DJM136

DJM136 fubar 24/7

This is a damn depressing thread! I need a drink or five.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I can't put it all on Amedee. The play was a safe call . . . if the man is open throw the ball, else throw it out of bounds. But Jamie Howard kept trying to force it to covered receivers. After two pick sixes, Howard should have been pulled because he wasn't getting it. But Hallman left him in for two more pick sixes and we lost a game that we totally dominated for 3 quarters.

Howard threw the game, but Hallman and Amedee left him in there. Blame all three.