Most crushing LSU moment

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Jan 18, 2011.

1. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

and I remember watching Hallman standing on the sidelines, one of the few times he had the headset on, wondering why he was letting amedee call passes

what was he listening to? WYNK?

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Even Jarrett Lee never threw 5 interceptions in 1 quarter. That's why it's funny when all the people call for Miles head, and want to throw Lee under the bus, makes me wonder what they would have done if they were alive back in the 90's. The suicide rate in Baton Rouge would have been astronomical.

3. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

If the means to discuss: like forums, facebook, twitter,etc; games, teams, players, and coaches existed back then I am sure you would have seen some of the same cliff jumpers that we have now. With technology we have seen fan interaction and voice jump through the roof.
    I remember sitting around and talking about these very topics with family, friends, frat bro’s, etc and the discussions were very similar. The big difference was that it was only with those in the room or around the water cooler.
    Of course I do think that some of the fan mental toughness has become watered down some. Back then we were used to losing and knew how to handle it. Now when we lose there is a portion of the fan base that, well we all know how they act. Basically they just can't handle it.
    Now of course part of that is due to our expectations are much greater than they were back then. Hell, back then making it to a bowl was a victory and a great season. Now, anything less than 10 wins, being out of contention for the SECCG or BCSNCG and some want to fire the entire coaching staff.

4. aztiger

aztiger Missing Crawfish & LSU

I was there.....terrible game for us. However, after winning the National Champ the year before and beating UGA twice in the process, I kinda saw that one coming.

5. aztiger

aztiger Missing Crawfish & LSU

Mine was CJ, Shaq, Brandon, Roberts, Singleton...etc and we lost in the first or second round in New Mexico. Dale Brown could not coach that much talent.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

speaking of Dale Brown, he is on with Buddy Songy right now.

This is the best interview I have ever heard.

7. kluke

kluke Founding Member

AND Good Lord - The Charlie Mac era - it was bad enough outside the stadium after Bear had taken Charlie to the wood shed -AGAIN. Can't even think about this board would be like.

8. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

I would have to think long and hard for the most crushing defeat, but this game probably pissed me off more than any other in recent memory. The fact I was drunker than cooter brown at the time probably didn't help.

The Jamie Howard game ranks up there, too, but that game pretty much summed up the suckass Hallman era.

9. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

Just thought of a new candidate: 2010 Tennessee. A disturbingly crushing LSU moment followed by the kind of relief and excitement usually reserved for championship games.

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

for me, it was not a play, or even a game. it was when i heard chad jones had been in an accident. that just ripped my heart out.