Most crushing LSU moment

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Jan 18, 2011.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Gator game in 2003. First time I had been back in Tiger Stadium since I was a student in the 60's.

2. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: The 2005 OT loss to Tennessee on Monday night also ranks up there those you could puke over. Rick Clausen looks like Joe Montana in the second half and kills us. Rick Clausen for cryin' out loud! :rolleye33: Also hard to forget the little smirk Fat Fullmer had on his face when it was over. Glad we broke their hearts in Knoxville in '06 though! :LSU231:

3. PGizle

PGizle Veteran Member

ryan periloux being dimissed from the team

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Worse than Cecil Collins' dismissal? Both had proven to be on thin ice with their coaching staffs, and both had given glimpses of what they were capable of. I still believe Collins is one of the greatest examples of wasted talent we've ever seen in a major sport in this country.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That would be everyone over 20.

6. Meathead

Meathead Founding Member

August 26, 1997

Woke up to find LSU in the grips of a national media frenzy because Ben Wynne, a new pledge from SAE, had died of alcohol poisoning the night before. LSU had been known as the #1 party school for years because of the loophole that allowed 18 year olds to drink in the state of Louisiana. Now there was a dead kid as a result of that reputation, or so the press would have you believe.

The school and the Greek system were put on trial. A very public witch hunt to eliminate the possibility of this ever happening again was started & a lot of people and organizations were permanently affected as a part of it.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

LSU alive.... ok that makes no sense. if they were over 10 years old in the 90's.

8. Thorny

Thorny Founding Member

77-76 loss to Indiana in the Mideast Regional Finals, 1987.

I was at the game in the band. Was ticked off that Bobby Knight wasn't kicked out in first half, but somewhat pleased as the Tigers opened up a 10 point lead with about 4 min left. Then a series of questionable officials calls and rotton free throws let the Hoosiers back in the game, where they took the lead with 6 sec. Nikita's shot would have counted, based on the ref signals, if it had fallen. Was really looking forward to 18K IU fans having to shut up.

We were 6 seconds from playing in the Final Four in New Orleans, where I still believe we would have won it all.

Still the only game I walked out of mad, and I was at the Jamie Howard and Ark 07 games.

GEAUX TIGERS

1 person likes this.
  9. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

There was the dropped pick, which would have allowed us to run out the clock with the win.

10. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: And that too. :dis: :LSU231: