Most crushing LSU moment

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Jan 18, 2011.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Yeah, that was a crushing one for me. I think that may have been the first time that GameDay (?) visited LSU. If I remember correctly, we got the opening kickoff and marched straight down the field. It appeared we got the TD on a pass to the TE (David LaFleur?) but it was called back on a penalty. After that, it was a complete game of misery.

One of my friends used to say Sparacino would be so much better than Herb if he ever had the chance to play and I actually got into a heated debate the night before the game (defending Tyler). Unfortunately, that game won the argument for me.

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Yes, I think Alexander just ran for 50 more yards and scored yet again.

3. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

More recently for me was when Flynn got picked off in the third overtime by arkansas in 07. #1 LSU goes down to unranked Ar-kansas. Hated working with those fans.

4. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

At the last game of 1969, the Tulane game in TS, it was known that Notre Dame would bump the Tigers out of the Cotton.

During halftime of that game I distinctly remember two guys young enough to be students parading around the entire stadium a white sheet with "NOTRE DAMN" painted (in huge letters) on it.

Every stadium section they passed cheered the banner wildly.

As they should have.

BTW ND had a self-imposed bowl ban from 1924 until 1969, presumably because they were too good for bowl games.

Sure makes it easy to hate on those self-indulgent twerps. :hihi:

5. bluemoon22

bluemoon22 Freshman

Courtney Taylor's TD and then the AWFUL call after Auburn's place kicker missed the extra point that gave him a second shot at it.