Most Exhliarating LSU Sports Moment

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by luvdimtigers, Jan 22, 2011.

1. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

i know this isnt for you guys but it is walking into Tiger Stadium as a young kid in the mid to late 60's and seeing my first tiger game in person.

We lived in Shreveport area and my dad was a high school football coach so we didnt get to go to many games we listened to them on the radio with John Ferguson Voice.

I was against university of the pacific and my dad had an off week and we got tickets.

My mom and dad were both school teachers and we didnt have alot of extra money so this was a big deal for our family and i was already a tiger fan for life but i didnt care it was the U Of P it was tiger football.

And to this day when i am lucky enough to see an LSU game i remember that day as a kid like it was today.

It is still one of the greatest days in my life and that is why Tiger Stadium is hallowed ground for me.

No matter what happens win or lose i will always bleed purple and gold and always cherish being an LSU Tiger.

There are many times since that day where great things have happenned but for me that will always be my moment.....

2 people like this.
  2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

LSU beating #1 and virtually unbeatable Florida in 97

I was at that game.

2 people like this.
  3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

this was the headline here the next day. thought you would like it. this is one of my favorite framed newspapers in my office. (forgive the flash, i didnt feel like do-overs.)

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. kluke

kluke Founding Member

This. Very close was the two point conversion to beat Ole Miss after time had expired in the early 70's.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Guys, guys, stop looking for her reflection in the pic- she's not crazy.

6. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

7. KerryS

KerryS Founding Member

Bert Jones to Brad Davis with no time left to beat Ole Miss, '73 I think. All you could hear was NOISE!

8. KerryS

KerryS Founding Member

I was sitting at the Oar House Saloon in Lihue, Hawaii watching that one. Very special. The bartender said, "Your team, they just keep fighting". I remember later we played Miami. I don't want to talk about that one, ugh.

1 person likes this.
  9. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

HWR...... Billy Cannon.....listening to the cheapo white radio on my dad's bedside table when I should have been in bed.

Hearing the announcer's voice rise in pitch and volume.. one of the things that got me hooked on LSU football, from a thousand miles away, at such a young age.

1 person likes this.
  10. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

In my 40+ yrs as a Tiger fan I got a lot of them, many have already been mentioned. For my top 3 I'd have to go with 2003 MNC, because I never thought I'd see us win 1 in my lifetime, next would be the 2005 season opener against ASU, my kids 1st Tiger game which was exciting and fun to be at, next would be the "Earthquack game"against AU in 88, my last game in TS before I left LA.

1 person likes this.