Most Exhliarating LSU Sports Moment

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by luvdimtigers, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Seeing tebow walking off the field crying with his dads arm around his neck after Hester fourth downed them to death. Priceless

1 person likes this.
  2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Mauck to Green against UGA in 03.

1 person likes this.
  3. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I'm going to say the 07 BCSNCG b/c I was fortunate enough to attend the game in NOLA and it was one of the best weekends of my life.

1 person likes this.
  4. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

In person...

LSU in the NCAA tourney in 86 defeating Purdue in 2 OT's then beating Memphis St on a last second shot in the 1st and second rounds.

Skyler Green's TD against UGA in 03. Byrd's catch against Auburn in 07.

Bringing my kids to their 1st LSU football, basketball or baseball games. Took my oldest son to his 1st LSU basketball game against UK in 1999. He was 4. Watched a special on Pistol Pete soon after and he was hooked. Turns out he is a pretty decent player himself.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I'm just so glad you remember.

6. Humdinger

Humdinger Founding Member

Agreed

The 2007 BCS championship game was my all time favorite Tiger moment. My wife grew up in Ohio. My mother in law was married to an Ohio State alum, although she was from Louisiana. She told me Tiger Stadium was OK, but nothing compared to an Ohio State game at the Horsehoe with Woody Hayes' teams. So back in the mid 80's LSU and Ohio State played a pair of games. In the first game at LSU, the game ended in a tie, although LSU was the pre game favorite. The next year, Ohio State was favored to win at the Horseshoe. I watched the game at a sports bar in Charlotte that was filled with Tiger and Buckeye fans. LSU led the entire game and was up by 12 with less than five minutes to go. The LSU fans were going nuts and celebrating. I was still nervous. Sure enough, we get a punt blocked for a TD, they get an onsides kick, and we lose the game by two. Since there were no more games scheduled, I have to carry this curse for life. Fast forward to 2007. LSU plays Ohio State in the BCS champioship. I wanted that game so bad I could taste it. After LSU fell behind 10-0 in the first two possessions of the game, I was dying. Matt Flynn became my hero for life by leading us to 34 straight points and a national championship against the hated Ohio State Buckeyes, 34-17.

My second favorite was listening to the John Ferguson broadcast of the 1972 Ole Miss game where we scored on the last play of the game on a ten yard Bert Jones pass to Brad Davis and Rusty Jackson kicked the point after with no time on the clock to win 17-16. The crowd roar lasted literally for nearly ten minutes. I can still hear John Ferguson saying "and nobody is leaving the stadium" in amazement.

My third favorite has to be Chad Jones' causing Alabama's QB to fumble on a blitz near their goal line in the 2006 game in Tuscaloosa so Les Miles' team beat Nick Satan's Tide in their first head to head match 34-27, when we had trailed most of the game.

1 person likes this.
  7. LSUTiga

I sure hope you PIHB for saying that.

1 person likes this.
  8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Tiga, you're not on droppings, you know...

9. LSUTiga

Stacey, YOU are NOT supposed to know what that means. That takes this thread title to another level. You been slummin girl?

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Warren Morris 1996 enough said. Used to play against him in High School when he was at Bolton.