Most Exhliarating LSU Sports Moment

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by luvdimtigers, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Wasn't a game winning play but in the superdome the tiger basketball team was playing notre dame when shaq dunked the ball sooooo hard he broke the goal assembly. He tore the rim off the backboard and broke the assembly and the board hit the floor. At that time the attendance of that game broke the college basketball record. It was also special because that was the night that I proposed to my wife. We have been married for 21 years now and she loves her tigers too.

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Marcus Spears pick/6, Turner sack, and the whole '03 championship experience.

Morris homerun

Earthquake game because it was my 1st game ever in Tiger Stadium.

3. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

There's a question I've been wanting to ask those that were there for years...was it really THAT loud in TS that night? I've read that it was a coincedence that the seismometer happened to be on and record the tremors, and that ANY typical college venue could net the same result. Personally, I want to believe in the legend. So was that really the loudest TS has ever been?

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I thought the seismometer was pretty much always on. Yes, it was loud, but I think the shaking was what set it off. Everyone was jumping up and down. It was nuts.

5. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

I can't even imagine...what an experience!

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The seismometer was only in operation for about 8 years at the Louisiana Geological Survey during a federal research project into geothermal energy. Most of the sensors were located near salt domes in southwest Louisiana and wired to the central seismograph plotter on campus. They all recorded 24-7.

These were very sensitive units that were trying to pick up tiny vibrations around potential geothermal sites, far more sensitive than needed to detect earthquakes. It could pick up thunderstorms moving across the area. One of the things that had to be done to the data was to remove signals unrelated to the research. So the operators would track storms and other phenomenon to account for these spikes.

The spike for the earthquake game was huge and when the operator saw that the time correlated with the final TD, history was made.

I was in the stadium and that's the loudest I can remember.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The loudest moment for me in Tiger Stadium was 2007 vs. Florida. There were times during that game where I thought the Stadium was just going to crumble to the ground. The Hester Touchdown, and when the PA announced that USC lost. It was great, I will always remember that game, what a joy to be a part of that.

8. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I went to that game with my dad and we were lucky to get tickets in just about the best seat in Tiger Stadium. I remember saying on the ride home (across the Atchafalaya bridge) that I may never witness another overall game like that in Tiger Stadium again (and I'm only 33). All of the things you mentioned along with the 5 4th down conversions contributed to make it a classic.

I was at the Earthquake game but only 11 at the time. I remember the stadium being really quiet most of the game (compared to other games I had seen in Tiger Stadium) due to no scoring and limited big plays. I definitely remember the "drop" by Eddie Fuller and fans yelling things that my young ears shouldn't have heard at that age. Then, Hodson had enough trust to go back to Fuller again and the rest was history.

9. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

The Jamie Howard INT game was on the day of my homecoming dance of my senior year in high school. I watched the game at my girlfriend's house and during the game realized that we'd be back in the top 25 for the first time in years. When AU came back and stole it from us, instantly my mood did a complete 180. My girlfriend could not understand how a "game" could affect my mood like that and it honestly may have contributed to us breaking up shortly thereafter. I probably would've lightened up by that night (for the dance) but didn't appreciate being asked to cheer up ten minutes after the crushing loss.

I started my freshman year at LSU the following season and worked at the Ruby Tuesday near I-10. When LSU beat Miss St on the road and the Bring Back the Magic slogan took hold, there was definitely a buzz. I was interviewed by the local news but they mistakenly called me "Trey Coon" and said I was skipping class to get my tickets. I worked at Ruby Tuesday until 5 pm on the day of the Auburn game and it took me forever to get to my apartment at Plantation Trace. All of my friends had already left for the game. I took a quick shower, started walking down Highland, and a guy in a car that was moving as fast as me asked if I wanted to jump in. He gave me a few pulls off his flask and I made it to the stadium shortly after kickoff. I watched the entire 1st half by myself in the student section and then found a few friends at halftime. When Troy Twillie made the INT (remember Auburn was #3 at the time), that might be the most exhilerating "moment". Getting to play golf and hang with Troy Twillie later during college was a nice added bonus to that overall memory.

1 person likes this.
  10. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

When Justin Vincent ran for about 65 yards on the opening play of the 2003 Champ v. Oklahoma. I jumped so high I almost hit my head on the ceiling.