Most frequent type of coffee you drink?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by houtiger, May 17, 2008.

?

What type of coffee do you most frequently drink?

Poll closed Jun 16, 2008.
  1. Starbucks

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. Community

27 vote(s)
    69.2%
  3. Other fancy bean - like Seattle's best or local favorites

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Grocery store - house premium type

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  5. National name brand, like Sanka

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  6. Instant coffee

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Buy it on the run - 7-11, McDonalds, etc.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Tea or other, tell us about it!

5 vote(s)
    12.8%
  1. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Diet coke or diet pepsi - whatever's on sale.

And that is one classy coffee pot, Sabanfan!

I'm surprised Dunkin' Donuts isn't on the list - was the office fave in my last gig.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That's about all they drink in Boston. I have to admit it's not bad. Better than the pecan juice you get at most yankee places.

3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

They don't have Community in CO so I drink Folgers at the house. I grab a refill at a 7-11 on the way to work and it isn't bad.

I've never had a cup at a Starbucks and unless they are giving it away and there are no lines, I won't.

Any of the old timers remember Sabine? I think it was made in SE Texas, but it was on the shelves in SW Louisiana.

4. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

OK, I went and looked (does this tell you I don't buy my coffee). The brand is Millstone, Breakfast Blend. My secretary brews it, I have a 16 oz cup waiting for me each day when I get to work, and I average 4 to 5 of those cups each day. I heard you are suppose to drink 64 oz of water each day, mine is just caffeinated. When I want really good coffee I go to the Admin Suite and get a cup of theirs, but I don't know what brand they use.

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

sf, i have my grandmothers tin/aluminum/whatever the metal is percolator like that, but i also have the glass pyrex one. the glass one makes better coffee, imo. this is like the one i use:

[​IMG]

on a side note, i also have a small tin/whatever percolator that only makes like two small cups that was also my grandmothers. it was a wedding present from her sister when she and my grandfather got married during the depression. i dont use it, but i will never get rid of it!

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Black Community dark roast at home and at the office. I take what I can get on the road. But it's plain black coffee for me . . . no foam, no latte, no cappucino, no flavorings, no exotic expensive beans. One of the places I save money is refusing to spend $4 for a cup of expresso when a cup of dark roast coffee is all I need or want.

OK, I will drink cafe au lait when eating beignets or when getting a real continental breakfast in Europe . . . because it's traditional.

7. SabanFan

I'm with you except I use 2 sugars. I even drink it sans milk at Cafe du Monde. I do not like cream or milk in my coffee. And flavored coffees? Don't get me started.

8. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Soooo black and sweet is your flavor? :hihi:

9. SabanFan

And hot!

10. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

My youngest son is home for the summer. We went grocery shopping last week and he found "instant Community New Orleans blend" so we got some. We keep some instant for when we're in a hurry and just want 1 cup. Son put a smile on my face. :)