Most Interesting Tebow-Repellent Strategy I've Seen Suggested

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Potted Plant, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Potted Plant

Potted Plant Founding Member

Someone on the Rivals board suggested using Chad Jones as a rover-spy on Tebow. He's fast enough to catch him, and strong enough to tackle him. He may be the best athlete on the team. He hasn't played much, but if you give him an easily defined role (find #15 and tackle him), he may have a lot of success at it.

Hell, Florida basically runs a high school offense (give your best player the ball and let him do something with it). Why not try to stop it with a high school defense? (Put your best athlete in the middle of the field and tell him to find the guy with the ball and tackle him).

2. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

There's 11 on defense for a reason. Take one of those out just to find Tebow and Florida would have somebody wide open in about 2 plays.

Hey, I want Highsmith to hairlip Tebow too and they'll get their chance.

Tebow runs right at people....now it's just the D's job to hit him....hard.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Florida's offense is a little more sophisticated than what you would see in high school. Plus, I'll trust Pelini's schemes any day to try and slow them down.

4. TigerN.L.A.

TigerN.L.A. Founding Member

I like this idea. I also think the suggestion to hit him in the mouth hard is an even better idea, and one that will certainly be employed by the defense.
    Glenn Dorsey looked like an unchained beast out there against the Cocks. That dude is the reincarnation of Reggie White. I think LSU beats Florida handily at night in front of the largest crowd in the history of LA football.

Peace, out.:eek:lefire:

5. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I'm guessing Pelini will have something a bit more sophisticated than one guy watching Tebow. Myers & Co. are no dummies and would probably nullify that recommended strategy after one series or less.

6. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

Our D-lineman are fast and I think they can get him on a draw or something because they could stay with him for a few steps. There will be a linebacker that will spy on him.

Tebow is not really fast just big and strong. I think our DB's are good enough to cover the WR's. The thing I worry about is if he can't find anybody open and he tucks it. He will have wide open field. A pass rush that keeps the middle plugged so he doesn't run upfield. Make push up the middle and make go around the ends to allow the LB's enough time to get to him.

7. Potted Plant

Potted Plant Founding Member

That's exactly what a spy is supposed to prevent.

8. khounba

khounba Founding Member

It would probably be a waste as he usually tucks it and runs up the middle anyway. Just let our entire D-Line spy him.

9. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

The defense has got to tackle him low. It is hard to stop him with an upper body tackle as he can just drag the defender along, or just run over the defender.
    I didn't watch the Ole Miss game; any clues of any tactic that would help with stopping Tebow?

10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

If the choice were mine, I'd be more tempted to put a spy on Percy Harvin.