Most Interesting Tebow-Repellent Strategy I've Seen Suggested

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Potted Plant, Sep 24, 2007.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

yep. or DL will fair much better than other UF oppts in stopping tebow from running because he almost always runs btw the tackles.

and i agree with TP:grin: , spy harvin if anyone.

2. Berge

Berge Founding Member

And if we can stop the Tebow run, Florida is pretty much screwed. He has been the leading rusher in two of their games, by far. In the other ones, he wasn't too far behind. Moore is their "starting RB," but he is in the shadow of Tebow.

Stop the run and this could get ugly. Can we do it? We had trouble against each backup QB in each game (oddly enough). Three of them were runners.

I'm getting more and more confident for this game because Florida is relying more and more on Tebow.

Good article: Tebow can't continue to carry Gators

They actually believe they can just give to ball to him against any team on any down and he will get the job done... :rofl:

3. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

actually there's no reason an LB with speed like highsmith can't spy.

what ticked me off last year was we didn't get many clean shots on him. we need to drop the hammer so he wakes up the next day like henig did.

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I wonder if Henig woke up the next day?

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

laron and jessie were carried together a few times after a couple of clean shots on tebow. Was an eye opener for me. they were just along for the ride to the first down marker. tebow is legit. its time we stop pretending this style wont work in the sec.

urban didnt adapt to the sec. hes still running his qb 20 times a game and still waiting for someone to stop him.

6. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

yeah i guess i phrased that wrong as i too saw tebow blow up a few of our guys last year. what i'm saying is that it's time to return the favor.

i don't think most people think the style won't work as much as they think a QB's body will not be able to sustain that running style for 4 years in the SEC. but maybe he'll prove everyone wrong. but i hope not.

i think a true spread option is the scariest offense in college football if the right personnel is in place.

but i like our version of it which isn't a true spread option but i like the way crowton utilizes everyone in the attack.

7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Obviously you didn't watch that game...there is NOTHING in that film to give a clue on how to stop Tebow. Ole Miss DIDN'T stop him...he ran all over them.

8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Against a good DL, I see it as very possible. Against Ole Miss, they dropped 5-6 players back into coverage and even with a suspect secondary the passing game UF had was average at best.

The way I see it, if you guys play a nickel set, you'll make them one dimensional and force Tebow and company to run the ball.

9. tigerdro

tigerdro GEAUX TIGERS!

weren't most of these backup QB playing against us in mop-up time against our 2nd/3rd (with the exception of the USCe game)? it seems we've otherwise fared well against the run. we are #1 in rushing defense with opponents averaging only .91 yds/rush and ony 2 TD's. just thinking outloud.

10. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

This is true, but Tebow is hard to bring down with one person in the open field. I would rather see the D-line keep the center of the pocket plugged up while pass rushing to minimize the number of scrambles up the middle. If you can get him going east-west he is easier to get tackled. I have a feeling he will be scrambling a lot because of our good backfield.