Most Interesting Tebow-Repellent Strategy I've Seen Suggested

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Potted Plant, Sep 24, 2007.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

That's true when players try to tackle him high. He's been brought down in the open field when they tackle low.

2. vector4

vector4 Founding Member

i think this is a good idea. i want to see him taking the long way around if he wants to scramble. then he has to run 15 yards just to gain 4.

3. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

What will the UF faithful be saying if Tebow gets drilled into next week? What if he suffers a concusion? Lets just ask the question why dont we. IF Tebow does take a beating and eventually has to come out of a ball game, what in the world will Florida do? I dont think that they are ready for this...

4. Potted Plant

Potted Plant Founding Member

Interestingly, the "get him going east-to-west" strategy is very similar to what MSU did to Trindon Holliday. They just set up a wall on the side of the field Trindon was running on, and just let him run himself out of bounds. I know that's not what you guys are suggesting, but the plan to get him going outside is not a bad strategy.

I still think a spy is a very effective strategy as well, and we could switch up different schemes from play to play. The problem with a spy is that it has to be someone fast enough to catch and strong enough to tackle him.

That guy just makes everything harder on defenses because he can run or throw, or fake the run and then throw, or look to pass and then tuck it and run.

I don't know. Maybe the thing to do is blitz him every play.

5. khounba

khounba Founding Member

That's the thing, he doesn't run outside the tackles. You really don't need someone with speed to run him down. He is basically Florida's version of Hester when he tucks it to run.

6. Lprimo

Lprimo Pimpin Aint Easy

i say we play Marlon Fav at DT, and let Glenn Dorsey play linebacker!!!
    I wanna see Tebow fall backwards...

Can you imagine a 6 yard head of steam, mets in the hole?! ouch..better have some syrup! that's Fa Sho!

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

During the SC game Saturday, one of the commentators said that Pelini thinks he has devised a good strategy to stop the UF offense. Now, that guy is a genius, and it's quite unlikely that we'll crack the code before we see it. But, if I had to guess, I'd think that he's going to employ a similar strategy to the one that I've been calling for every time I've seen Florida play this year...

...PUNCH HIM IN THE BALLS!!!

It works every time.

8. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Hell... or Big Herm for that matter.. :rofl:

9. Lprimo

Lprimo Pimpin Aint Easy

Oh Snap...never thought about him....YES

"Big Herm",Dorsey and Barksdale as your 3 Linebackers. BOOOYAH!!:shock:

Hell Barksdale and Herm can fall towards the sidelines and cover outside runs...let Dorsey eat what dares run through the line.