Most Memorable Touchdown???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by verouchi, Aug 23, 2006.

1. b L e S e U r

b L e S e U r Founding Member

1. Matt Mauck to Skyler Green, v. UGA in 2003

2. Bluegrass Miracle

3. Doug Johnson to Cedric Donaldson v. Florida in 1997, to put us up 21-14, after Florida had scored 14 unanswered to tie it up. I'll never forget the way Cedric held that ball to the sky for the final 15 yards or so of the Int. return. That is as loud as I have ever heard Tiger stadium, and I imagine, if the machine would have been turned on in the Geology dept., it would have registered bigtime.
    [​IMG]

4. Russell to Doucet, v. Arizona State, 2005...First game after Katrina...all of Louisiana praying for a win...and: "LSU wide receiver Early Doucet jumped past two Arizona State defenders and came down with a 39-yard touchdown reception from JaMarcus Russell with 1:13 to play to give the No. 5 Tigers an improbable 35-31 'home' victory."
    [​IMG]

5. Skyler Greens run v. Oklahoma in the NC game...talk about being pumped up! I was soooo excited

2. BigWee_TEAMKATT

BigWee_TEAMKATT Victory for LSU!!!

Don't forget the sportscenter highlight with us and the band gator chopping in the direction of the UF fans in the endzone.

3. BigWee_TEAMKATT

1997 LSU vs. Florida

Cedric Donaldson's interception return for a TD. Two or three snaps before that play, the guy sitting next to me leans to me and says, "We need a defensive TD."

4. acerydr

acerydr Founding Member

I think it was '72.....Bert Jones to Brad Davis in Coffin corner to beat (the hell out of) Ole Miss 17-16. I grew up in Vidalia, La which is right across the bridge from Natchez, MS. Big rivalry between the Tigers and Johnny Rebs. Many of the people in Natchez had bumper stickers on their cars that read "Ole Miss 16 LSU 10 Timekeeper 7). I listened to the game laying on the living room floor listening to my parent's stereo radio....remember it like it was yesterday. At that point I had never been to a game in Tiger Stadium. When I made my first trip, I went down to that corner on the field and replayed that event over in my mind many times. That will always be my favorite LSU highlight.
    Mark

5. verouchi

verouchi KOC-RPH

Another big one i remember... was kevin faulk i think it was 99... right up the gut... the man looked like he was shot out of a cannon... i just remember going holy crap... did you see that... they game was a massacre... i think we won like 63-14 or something...

6. BigWee_TEAMKATT

Somebody help me out with this one.

Sammy Martin against Ole Miss in 1987. The game was in Jackson I believe. I remember him bouncing off of about 8 Ole Miss defenders. What I don't remember is if he scored a TD?

7. lsu nut

lsu nut Founding Member

Don't remember the year but the game was in Starkville....Greg Jackson(?) intercepts a pass in the endzone and returns it 100 yards for a touchdown.

8. BigWee_TEAMKATT

1988 - I was at that game. I was 11. My brother was an equipment manager at the time. After the touchdown, Jackson tossed the ball in the air, which my brother picked up and still has I think. Shh...don't tell Mike Archer.

9. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

You guys have mentioned most of the really great ones.....
    I think two of the most underrated TD's in the crowd noise division are....

Toe up the sidelines against Tenn in 2000.

and

Tommy banks TD vs UF in 97. was a short run but the crowd was deafening. put us up 14-0.

Faulk's punt return against houston. he single handedly willed us to victory in that game.