Most Overrated coaches

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUFAN910, Jun 1, 2009.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

how anyone could have an over-rated list withou weis on it is beyond me.

2. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

If anything he is underrated - just why I do not know. Hope that does not begin to negatively impact upon recruiting.

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

list of teams that year in , year out have some of the most talented teams in the Nation:
    Carroll
    Stoops
    Brown
    Miles
    Meyer
    Saban

Only one of those has multiple titles. Are they ALL over-rated?
    Hell no! Just that only 1 guy can win it any given year.
    It is not easy to win it. Everything has to go right, even things out of your control.
    Hell, the 3 y'all are calling over-rated are the only 3 on this list to go un beaten in their title year.

4. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

They also work hard to get those players and build these competitve teams. I dont think it is Pete or Stoops' fault they lose one game a year...every single team does. The fact that you call them overrated when they lose one game probably tells us how good they are. If they were overrated I doubt many would have such high expectations for them.

5. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Nice post, and my feelings almost exactly.

6. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

The fact that he's got Lane Kiffen on an "overrated" list (whether he qualifies that or not) makes this article ridiculous from the outset. The guy hasn't coached a game yet.

The secret to getting readership as a blogger is to find something controversial, write about it for maximum impact, and then enjoy the fracas while thousands of people link to your site and discuss a post you probably don't even believe in yourself...

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Re: Most Overrated coach = Pete Carroll

This has been tried before, but the NCAA has a long memory and it is vindictive. Remember how long they had to wait before they finally found something to stick on Dale Brown, Jerry Tarkanian, and Alabama football. If the NCAA enforcement folks have finally decided that USC is out of control, they will eventually found the smoking gun that they need.

8. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Some, like me, would argue that's exactly why he's overrated, because he has done nothing but gets tremendous praise as this huge hire for UT and a great coach.

9. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Which makes me think that the only other explanation for an investigation dragging out this long is that they're sniffing out something much bigger than anything dealing with Reggie Bush.

VBall, I'm not sure that rolling up the Floyd/Mayo investigation together with football necessarily means anything. After all we got hit with lack of institutional control in the late 90s with much less in the way of proof, and there was never any evidence there was payoff involvement from anyone on the coaching staff.

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

There was no proof of any payoff period. In fact Lester Earl has admitted that he lied because it was the only way he could transfer without sitting out a year. There was a pretty good interview with him about a year ago where he said the NCAA pressured him to lie. It's not a matter of wrong doing when it comes to NCAA investigations. It's all about if you are on their hit list or not. After all look at Michigan where the fab 5 admitted they were paid hundreds of thousands of dollars and the program got a slap on the wrist. I think USC has nothing to worry about no matter how many skeletons fall out of the closet. The NCAA is dragging their feet hoping it all gets forgotten and simply fades away. By never interviewing the accusers it's obvious that USC and the NCAA are on the same page.