Most Overrated & Most Underrated Teams (After wk 3)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Sep 14, 2014.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Not to state the obvious, maybe I should title this thread something like, "Biggest upset or Hugest Win." The intention is just to discuss teams weekly progress/regression.

Either way, dropping one to BC, USC gets the nod here. USC's offense may be more inconsistent than ours but at least we have a defense. BC uncorked 342 rushing yards as a team on 48 carries.

Not sure wth happened to the VT team that played so well vs. Ohio St. Guess that hangover effect caught them.

Not sure how bad Florida is but Kentucky looked like a football team yesterday. It's never easy to leave Ben Hill with a win. Given the two programs- in-state recruiting, facilities, etc- Kentucky should never imo. Triple OT, that's a win for a program that's only PLAYED in 15 bowl games and never had a recruiting class crack the top 25. Maybe not in week 8 but I think Kentucky would give us a run for our money in week 4.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
    ParadiseiNC likes this.
  2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

You short changed them by a little over 100 yards. They actually rushed for 452.

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

To reply about VT, I'm not sure their performance was a hangover. I really think Ohio State may just be that bad (not that you could tell vs. Kent State yesterday--and sadly, their level of suckiness is unlikely to be revealed in their weak-ass division in the Big 10.)

Tiger in NC and ParadiseiNC like this.
  4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

UGA again shit the bed...

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Tried to tell y'all last week about USC.

6. LSUTiga

Spurrier is god-like. :D

I really had no opinion about them. All things equal, I knew they're depth would be an issue down the stretch. Well actually I assumed it would cause I'm not really sure but figured losing 30 scholarships over 3 years would still have some impact.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think they fell victim like VA Tech did, left it all on the field last week, but USC had to travel to the east coast too so that had to wear on them.

USC had 20 yards rushing and BC had 400 something.

8. LSUTiga

I once read something about how it's harder to travel east, in reference to time-zones. Think about it. Traveling west, one gains time:whereas, traveling east, one loses time.

9. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Think it's a push assuming night game on the left coast. Remember when LSU went to Wash. Thats like ending a game at 1AM here. Way past Les' bedtime.

LSUDad likes this.
  10. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Toss in the International Date Line and you're really a mess.