Most Players in NFL

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Apr 29, 2008.

1. TrojanMan

TrojanMan Founding Member

I Already Knew Full Well The Canes Had Us All Beat As Far As Active Players.....

:cool:

2. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

Why? They play cupcakes for 4 years, get drafted high, then leave the NFL because of the competition. I am surprised that so many of them keep getting drafted so high.

RELAX all you USC fans... don't try to confuse me with all those meaningful stats!

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Surprised? Or blinded by bias? Cause apparently they must be overrated both when they go in and when they leave since recruiting services are high on many of their players too.

Like them or not, anyone would have to be naive or under a rock for the past few years to not recognize their elite status. We are often are in competition against them in recruiting high profile kids. Looks like we've turned a corner and have a chance with any kid right now but so do they.

Their numbers are off the charts. If I'm not mistaken 5 of their 10 commits for next year are five star players.

USC recruiting- number of five star players.

’03..................2
    ’04..................8
    ’05..................3
    ’06..................5
    ’07..................6

4. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

no way South Carolina has that many of ANY of those thing listed.

2 people like this.
  5. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

2000 - 2008 Drafts broke down by conference and school. LSU tied for 6th place with the most 1st round picks (8) and 9th place for the the most picks overall (43). Miami and Ohio St tied for the most picks overall (63). It's not even close with the most first rounders with Miami (26).....second place is Ohio St. (14).

http://nfldraft.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=800827

1 person likes this.
  6. LSUTiga

That's just an amazing number of first rounders. It's hard to believe how fast a program can spiral down.

7. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Listing the worthless Heisman along with National Championships is just wrong.

The lack of a playoff system definitely hurts the credibility of national titles but at least it's a better system than the joke they call the Heisman.

Sorry to offend... but it just doesn't mean much. (Kind of like a AP trophy :hihi:)

8. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

That '01 and '02 teams were un-REAL.
    Here's the LINK to their Wki page, scroll down to the roster. Plus remember that Willis McGahee rode the bench that year with Kellen winslow.

9. LSUTiga

I don't see credibility issues as far as LSU is concerned. Sure the two loss teams that "Could have" been in the NC game but it's not us who should be questioned. LSU beat more final AP top fifteen teams than any other program- can I use the AP here?? :lol:

Since we won the game handily, I think if there's an argument as to who maybe shouldn't have been there it's them. Having said that, no matter which two teams are in it, one has to lose so that's kinda weak to say but it still removes us from the conversation imo.

I am sick of every time we win a NC it happens to be USC bitchin and whinin about it. I know Georgia is too but USC is the constant. :hihi:

Linky no worky.

10. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Do they make pills for that?

should work now.