Movers and Shakers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by HalloweenRun, Oct 4, 2010.

1. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Ok, I do not live in Louisiana and have only been through the state a couple of times. The fact that I am a 50 year + LSU fan is due to an unlikely chain of events that came together way back in the late 1950’s.

Having stated that, I thought I would be at the Tennessee game this year, but a series of minor financial disasters quenched that dream pretty early.

Now, from outside Louisiana, the perception, and I don’t mean to offend, is that your fair state is a hotbed for “wheeling and dealing.” You know, Huey Long and all that.

So.. I ass/u/me there are movers and shakers behind the LSU football program…you know big donors, influential alumni, the sort. Guys that can call the shot or who have undue influence. It is one thing for the masses to complain, a completely different angle when these guys or gals are grumpy.

What are these power brokers thinking, and more importantly, doing? I expect the really big time guys are not on the Tiger Forum minute by minute – to busy making money, but I don’t think they are comatose either. Anybody got any connections with the “big hitters?” Those are the guys that ultimately make things happen.

Geaux Tigers

HWR

2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I lived in LA until I was 26. Lived in MS the last 15 years. Been working in Chicago since May. The one thing I can say that ties all these places together is dirty politics/"wheeling and dealing". IOW, it's the same in LA as it is everywhere else.

You have T Boone Pickens at OSU light. You have the power brokers at Bama. Again, it's the same everywhere. There is nothing special about LA "wheelers and dealers", just like there's nothing special about LSU "power brokers".