Movies these days

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, Oct 1, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

what the hell is up with all these unoriginal bastards making movies these days? I get the Star Wars saga continuing, and Alien, Predator, and Terminator, those were designed to continue, but I read the other day they were rebooting Big Trouble in Little China, with The Rock as Jack Burton. That's a terrible idea. They remade Dredd, and Robocop. The countless other movies that have been either ripped off or remade. It's pretty ridiculous.

Just for fun here's a little movie trivia for nerds, I expect @LSUsupaFan would probably get this one.

Who is the only actor to be killed by an Alien (xenomorph) a Predator, and a Terminator? No cheating..

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Was it Apollo Creed?

I agree, the re-did the road warrior as well. Nothing sacred anymore. Better keep their hands off of caddyshack and animal house.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

In order to make the art films and new movies that don't make a lot of cash, the studios will fund anything that might be a blockbuster hit, including every previous blockbuster. They will keep recycling Spiderman until people quit going.

uscvball likes this.
  4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

good news. Matt Damon and Paul Greengrass agreed to do a new bourne movie. being called bourne 2016 for now but no name yet. Out with jeremy renner for now thankfully, since the last one was terrible and boring. 3 of the best movies those first three for me. til the 4th.

damon doing a little creatine I suppose.

[​IMG]

LSUMASTERMIND likes this.
  5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Pretty much. It's about butts in seats, not good movie-making. The video gaming generation is easily entertained with CGI and violence. They don't want or need a good script or an actress who does anything but lay down to get laid. They are the target audience.

Other than that, Disney and Pixar have pretty much figured out how to get both big and little butts in seats.

6. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

love this the trilogy with Damon, the other one was awful

7. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I liked the new road warrior. They did a good job representing the theme and not bastardizing the original. I do hope they leave it there though.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If they made money you know there will be a New Road Warrior II and III and so on.

Has anybody seen the new one with Johnny Depp playing Whitey Bulger?

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

You saying I'm a nerd? Also Bill Paxton. Game over man.

Carl Weathers was a damned good guess, he may still get killed by a Terminator to finish out the trifecta.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
    shane0911 and LaSalleAve like this.
  10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Bill Paxton, correct. Terminator 1 he was one of the punks, Predator 2 and Aliens I believe. And I say you're a nerd with all due respect, it's a good thing.