Movies

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by tirk, Jan 29, 2010.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

shutter island--cant decide if it was a 4 or a 9. complete mind**** as in you are never sure whats real or isnt. but the more i think about how it was done it was creative and pretty awesome. saw scorsese's name when the credits rolled. didnt know he produced it.

ill give it a 7 1/2 for now.

2. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Couples Retreat - Pretty good movie to watch with the better half. Great cast. Very funny. 7/10

Law Abiding Citizen - Wow,two good/very good movies in two days. Lucky me. I give this one a very good rating. The plot was original. I love movies where you have a hard time not pulling for the bad guy. Was good from beginning to end. It may be a stretch but I'm giving it a 8/10.

3. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I was expecting Couples Retreat to be funnier with Bateman and Vaughn, but it was only amusing.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I will give Avatar an 8. Thought about an 8.5 because it was nice watching the long movie in an almost empty theater.

5. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

The 2 worst movies i've ever seen are
    #1-Empire
    #2-Torque

and no other comes close to these 2.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I finally saw Avatar last night. I loved it--apart from the over-arching, anti-American message, which I felt depicted us all as materialistic expansionists. But it was a great movie.

Today, I made good on my promise to take my 8-year-old to Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief because she finished the book earlier this week. I enjoyed it very much, especially since I just wrapped up a Mythology unit with my students on Friday. My daughter loved it and wanted to immediately go out and buy the next book in the series, The Sea of Monsters. Two book stores later, no luck--all sold out.

7. StadiumSalute

StadiumSalute It's Gameday!

Saw Valentine's Day for Valentine's Day. Wasn't bad, not too chick-flick-ish. Interesting how all the characters in the movie are connected in some sort of way. 7/10

8. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

XXX 1&2

9. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Law Abiding Citizen- 9/10 dude from 300 hundred was bad azz in this movie. Good plot, very good ending. Worth the cost for a Blu-Ray copy.

10. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Didn't see it, might have to watch it now to see if it ranks up there with my 2 loser movies.