Movies

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by tirk, Jan 29, 2010.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Law Abiding Citizen - 7/10 wasn't really realistic overall but these kinds of movies say FU to being realistic anyway. Great acting and interesting plot. You won't fall asleep on this one.

9 - 7/10 Pretty good animated movie I would suggest, pretty cool concept

Coralina - 7/10 Another really interesting animated movie. love the concept

District 9 - 7/10 ok, I almost gave up on this one about 20-30 minutes into it (very slow), but thankfully stuck it out. It was really well done overall, since I am not a fan of futuristic sci/fi films.

Cinderella Man - 8/10 My favorite type of movie is easily the ones based on real life events; Russell Crowe and Paul Giamatti are excellent as expected, the boxing sequences are realistic

Orphan - 9/10 Great horror flick, strongly recommend especially if you like horror films

I can Do Bad All By Myself - 7/10 Another good Tyler Perry movie.

Paul Blart Mall Cop - 4/10 I am a big Kevin James fan (King of Queens) but I could not get into this movie (probably the plot did it in for me)

Defiance - 9/10 what a great movie this was, again a true story so it probably started off 7/10 before I saw a single minute of it, lol

Revolutionary Road - 6/10 Not a bad movie, but it was kinda long and drawn out

The Express - 7/10 True story of one of the greatest running backs in the history of college football Ernie Davis. Dennis Quaid is at absolute his best in this movie (as Ernie's college football coach). The lead role of Ernie Davis probably could have been cast a little better. The kid from Finding Forrester played the part and did an ok job, but wasn't riveting like it could have been.

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

It was kinda long and drawn out, but it was interesting. I figured it was what would've happened to Jack and Rose if Jack hadn't died in "Titanic."

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Ah, not bad.

And it felt like you sat through Titanic just to finish this movie.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

ok i should point out this movie is not a thriller. in fact, martin would fall asleep about halfway in. its so unsuspenseful and opposite what i was hoping its the reason i almost gave it a 4.

its a movie that keeps you guessing and blurs the line between knowing whats really happening or not. i hate those kind of movies. you may question if you are paying attention or took a hit of acid somewhere early on.

i also hate that it wasnt intense like i thought.

dicaprio has never let me down but i refused to watch revolutionary road b/c it looked boring and drawn out.

this movie has great visuals, great acting, a cool idea of a plot but doesnt get the heart beating-- too slow.

which reminds me screw you, scorsese. had a great cast and great idea but ****ed it up.

ill give it a 6 for not being as advertised.

paranormal activity got my heart going even though it cost nothing.

ill give that one a 7 for freaking me out a bit.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I read the book when I was in Iraq, totally had me all sorts of twisted up. I was actually pissed when I finished it because I was totally fooled as to what was really going on. It sounds as if the movie is close, I will have to give it a look.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

you will probably hate it. the reason im back and forth on it is the idea is pretty sweet and makes you question certain things throughout. but the overall movie is unexciting in what is billed as a scary flick.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I thought Inglorious Basterds was pretty good, at least better than i thought it would be. Also A Perfect Getaway was pretty good.