Mp3 Player - iPod discussion for Martin

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by uscpuke, Oct 23, 2004.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

nano is much smaller and has a color screen. nano is available in 2 and 4 gig, mini is 4 and 6.

2. Chef

Chef Founding Member

Appreciate it, martin.

My cousin is wanting an IPOD and I am contemplating what to get her. An Ipod nano may not be a bad idea.

3. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

My Shure E3c arrived about 30 minutes ago. These are great, sorry I waited so long.

4. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

I know this is an old disscussion, but since it got brought back up, I might as well comment.

Ipod Radio adapter- http://www.apple.com/ipod/accessories.html about mid-way down the page. It works great, the interface stores fav stations and dispalys that track info that some stations send out, radio reception in TS and other LSU venues is damn near perfect, but its too expensive ($50) and i keep hoping that it will be an intergrated feature.

Ipod Nano- now they are made of aluminum instead of the scratch-happy clear coat, they are abit more rugged than the last nanos, the capacity is up to as much as 8GBs at $249 and the mini colors are back.

Headphones- I constantly hear great things about those shure earphones, but the ridiculous price always got to me (i wont spend more on headphones than i do on the device i plug them into) and i never could tell much of a difference when i try them, but I probably just have bad ears.

All that said, what do you guys think of the MS Zune? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Zune)
    I really like the bigger screen, but the wifi is kinda weak, all it lets you do is share songs with other zunes near you, no wireless syncing, no wireless buying. Plus no PlaysForSure support, so all the people who bought those songs are screwed. And worst of all (from my point of view anyway) NO PODCASTING SUPPORT!:po: :angryfire : not even in WMP 11!

btw, glad to hear you listen, martin. Feel free to email us or call the hotline

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The Shure noise-cancelling headphones are worth every penny for me.

6. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I agree. To me, the iPod isn't worth it without equally great headphones. The normal ones that apple sells with the iPod suck. They hurt my ears. I got some new ones that have some sort of rubber part that keeps the headphone in your ear and makes it way more comfortable to wear and also a better sound.

7. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

The discussion here made me curious about the Shure head phones. Not quite curious enough to try the $400 pair, but, I had tried all the cheap ones and thought they were just ok. These are just a whole 'nother breed. My kids always took my other head phones for their games, these are MINE!

8. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I got a free 30 gig ipod for staying at Marriott hotels so much this year. Now I have to throw my 20 gig one away.

9. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

I have the cheap Shure E2c earbuds- and they are fantastic. Is there better bass for the money? Nope.

Fabulous on planes, as well.

I'm holding out for either a Zune, or, if Apple gets its act together, the touchscreen iPod. I read on engadget this week they might FINALLY be announcing it very soon.

My 20GB 4g iPod died after a little over a year after I got it- the HDD corrupted and my warranty was out. They want $250 to fix it.

So I bought a new MacBook instead.

10. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

If Apple gets their act together? On what? I'm not a techie or world knower on electronics, but I love my IPOD, have very few issues with it whatsoever...