Mp3 Player - iPod discussion for Martin

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by uscpuke, Oct 23, 2004.

1. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Received negative feedback on my first post on this thread...Makes sense, I was really an ******* with that....

2. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

I consider myself a mac fan, but I agree with fried, we should have had a widescreen ipod (i dont think we'll ever see touch screen) long before now, especially now that they sell movies.

and since they already had an ipod announcement in Sept., we wont see a new ipod till Macworld expo in Jan.

3. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Yeah a bigger screen would be better for the movie people. I don't watch movies on my IPod video so it makes no difference to me...

Question...What are peoples views on the reliability of these IPODS? I've had mine almost a year with no real problems. I've heard of peoples IPOD crapping out on them, just wanted to see if anyone on the board had any feedback?

4. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

I guess i was wrong
    http://www.tuaw.com/2006/10/12/apple-bono-oprah-set-to-announce-red-ipod-nano/

as for your question, I had a 3G (20 gb, bw screen) that worked well for years, till i dropped it down a flight of stairs and the hard drive crapped out. luckily it was the same week the vidipods came out.

5. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Me either. I've got a TV and a laptop for watching video. Dammed if I'm going to watch a 2" iPod screen.

I'm going on four years with a 30GB iPod zero problems. But . . . its never been dropped. Also I rarely wear it on a belt with the earbuds. I mostly play it in the car through the car stereo or in my office through the Bose Wave radio, so it doesn't get bounced around a lot.

It's also why I've had no battery life problems--its usually hardwired to a power source.

7. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

same here..

8. Luv4LSU

Luv4LSU Founding Member

My 2 cents...

I wanted to buy an Ipod until I asked about the battery. Is there a replacement? NO. So what happens when the batter dies and it's past the manufacturer's warranty? Come back and I'll sell you another one.

YIKES!!

I can't justify paying that much money to listen to music while I cut grass or go fishing. I bought this small RCA Pearl at Wally World for $40 and I think it works awesome. Wish it was a tad bit louder though. My tractor is loud...LOL

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

My 4-year-old ipod is going fine with an original battery. iPod battery replacement is available, however, from many third-parties on the net. There are even do-it-yourself videos.

Apple itself will exhange your whole iPod for a new one for $59 if your battery won't hold a charge anynore. You probably want a new one anyway. Fifty-nine bucks for an upgrade is pretty damn good to me. if you are still in warranty, it won't cost you a damn thing.

10. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

I don't get it either with the batteries either, red. I still have my original ipod from 4 years ago as well. It works great. I also bought a nano when it first came out and the batttery works still.